[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/sitesplat/bbopengraph/event/listener.php on line 121: Undefined offset: 1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/sitesplat/bbopengraph/event/listener.php on line 121: Undefined offset: 1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4628: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3365)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4628: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3365)
Bird zero tire help - Page 2 - Scooter Talk

Electric Scooter Forum for Scooter Enthusiasts, Scooter Chargers, and Scooter Mechanics.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, and much more.
By AbsolutoCaos
sliebowitz wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:26 am
can you just say which colors you soldered to which? or is it a military secret? It took more time to post that picture than it would have to just say what went where. I was just hoping to save some time.
To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

By Kiki626
I could be wrong but it sounds like he took the wheel itself off a bird zero and then put that wheel on his es4.

I wasn’t sure if they would fit perfectly or not but it seems they will? Would be nice to have more info though to confirm...

How do you get the wheel to come off anyways I was looking and couldn’t figure it out

By Kiki626
So i tried this myself and found that the wheel only ran in reverse. FAIR WARNING - you have to put the wheel on the other way (with the wire on the right side instead of the left) otherwise you'll get it all together like I did and have soldered connections you have to redo

By Kiki626
Just wanted to update here following my successful use of a Bird Zero tire on my Ninebot ES4. Yes it works, but it was a little bit of a pain to get working.

I ended up having to reverse the wheel (install the wire on the right instead of the left) but i'm not convinced I really had to go through all that. If you switch the wires around until it spins the right direction AND runs smoothly i think you're good to go.

I had a weird problem where it would only run when the brake was pressed.. brake was go and gas was brake. It was weird. But I think swapping the wires around and turning it on and off allowed it to reset and i found the winning combination.

I'd recommend not putting everything back together all the way and running it on the ground so you can swap the wires quickly, it took me about 10-15 tries to get it right.

The winning combination (for me anwyay) was wheel reversed , yellow to yellow, brown to blue , blue to brown.

The wheel is WAY quieter and seems to have more torque than the ES wheel it gets up to speed faster.

Good luck everyone

What firmware is this tested on? I would assume[…]

Bird zero tire help

Just wanted to update here following my successful[…]

Just to post an update to this thread, I fou[…]

I would use XT60 connectors for one. And two, the […]