A Forum for Scooter Enthusiasts, Scooter Chargers, and Scooter Mechanics.

App, phone, GPS, and software
By CarreraFour
Just converted mine today. Took all of 10 minutes with the eBay part. The digital dash is a bit loose but it stays put and all works as it should. Simple. Using Segway app is cool. For some reason my throttle is stuck too. Gonna have to remedy that.
By SergeantSeven
Edumadz wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:56 am
Tristles wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:23 pm
Hey! Trying to convert a Lime/Bird ES4 (Don't know which share service it was exactly, bought it second hand and realized that it was from one these companies afterwards.) It does have the official Segway Ninebot logo on it, with no outside branding. I found a comment on these forums posted with the login for an admin account, logged in, and went to change the serial number but got an error saying:
" The current vehicle serial No. is not the factory serial No., modification is not allowed. "

All I replaced was the dashboard from one on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JZ ... UTF8&psc=1 (The original that came with the scooter had no bluetooth). Also, since installing the new dashboard, I'm getting an issue where the speed is lowered to 12mph when the headlight is on and 16mph when the headlight is off. Side note; On the old and new dashboard, I am unable to change the mode by double-tapping the button.

When connecting via android, I'm not prompted to update the firmware, but when connecting with an iPhone, it states there is a FW update but the update fails.

Any help would be super appreciated. I bought this without any knowledge of the E-Scooter world and I'm in way over my head.

Thank you, thank you, and thank you again.
Hi, did you solve it? it happens the same to me. I need help!! This is an image - REGISTER or LOGIN to view.
I am also having this issue. I have an auction Bird ES1 that was missing the bird brain box all together, (someone smashed it off) I bought a dashboard on E-bay and it seems to work just fine and I can connect to it from the segway app but I can't use the headlight at all or it will limit the speed to something stupid slow, the screen also dims when the headlight is on. It works fine when the headlight is off but I can't update firmware or anything and I can't change the S mode, it just stays red all the time and double tapping the button just does the same thing as single tapping. I even tried the new ESMax firmware that some russian guy was able to come up with but it wont flash to new firmware, says firmware is version 0.5.5 . I've contacted me Ebay seller to see what they say. Anyone have any ideas?
By Ben J
Posts Avatar
the screen also dims when the headlight is on.
Fwiw, that part is normal. After dark, you dont want the dash screen at full brightness anyway.
By RSB0
Posts Avatar
SergeantSeven wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:09 am
Edumadz wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:56 am
Tristles wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:23 pm
Hey! Trying to convert a Lime/Bird ES4 (Don't know which share service it was exactly, bought it second hand and realized that it was from one these companies afterwards.) It does have the official Segway Ninebot logo on it, with no outside branding. I found a comment on these forums posted with the login for an admin account, logged in, and went to change the serial number but got an error saying:
" The current vehicle serial No. is not the factory serial No., modification is not allowed. "

All I replaced was the dashboard from one on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JZ ... UTF8&psc=1 (The original that came with the scooter had no bluetooth). Also, since installing the new dashboard, I'm getting an issue where the speed is lowered to 12mph when the headlight is on and 16mph when the headlight is off. Side note; On the old and new dashboard, I am unable to change the mode by double-tapping the button.

When connecting via android, I'm not prompted to update the firmware, but when connecting with an iPhone, it states there is a FW update but the update fails.

Any help would be super appreciated. I bought this without any knowledge of the E-Scooter world and I'm in way over my head.

Thank you, thank you, and thank you again.
Hi, did you solve it? it happens the same to me. I need help!! This is an image - REGISTER or LOGIN to view.
I am also having this issue. I have an auction Bird ES1 that was missing the bird brain box all together, (someone smashed it off) I bought a dashboard on E-bay and it seems to work just fine and I can connect to it from the segway app but I can't use the headlight at all or it will limit the speed to something stupid slow, the screen also dims when the headlight is on. It works fine when the headlight is off but I can't update firmware or anything and I can't change the S mode, it just stays red all the time and double tapping the button just does the same thing as single tapping. I even tried the new ESMax firmware that some russian guy was able to come up with but it wont flash to new firmware, says firmware is version 0.5.5 . I've contacted me Ebay seller to see what they say. Anyone have any ideas?
Can you link some tutorial to that Russian firmware flash procedure?
Does it have the original firmware too?
By Amanhã
MikeLee wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:07 pm
Amanhã wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:14 pm
Hey guys,
I removed the Lime-S, GPS module. (I've got the green cable loose on the exterior of the scooter).
Than I've bought a new Segway Dashboard, from Ebay.
I've installed the dash. Everything fine until here.
But when I start the app, connect to the scooter (via Bluetooth) and start to "ride it", the app says:
"The Scooter is lock mode".
In consequence, the scooter is always beeping, the wheel locks a bit and does not accelarate.
I've tried to do Firmware update, but it says that it already has got the last version, so it doesn't update.
Also the app shows a closed padlock.
Do you guys have any idea of what can I do?
Best regards,
André Carvalho
The Lime is not segway 1,2,3 nor 4.
its special custom made unit for lime,manufactured by Dong Guan Honglin Industrial Co,its GEN. 2.5.
Thats why you are facing this.
Thanks a lot for the answer.
So is it impossible to hack?
What can I do to solve de issue?
By RSB0
Posts Avatar
TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:59 am
Did you try to flash the firmware instesd of update it? Did you try a hard reset? Throttle all the say on, brake all on, hit power button?
Do you know any flashing procedure ?

This guy extracted the original firmware, maybe with some flashing procedure you could reset the control board:
https://github.com/Ch4rlus/ninebot_firmware
By hyacinth
Posts Avatar
RSB0 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:20 pm
TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
Did you try to flash the firmware instesd of update it? Did you try a hard reset? Throttle all the say on, brake all on, hit power button?

This guy extracted the original firmware, maybe with some flashing procedure you could reset the control board:
JTAG flashing would work I think. Someone with a JTAG to USB that can test if this works?
By Lothean
hyacinth wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:30 pm
RSB0 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:20 pm
TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:

JTAG flashing would work I think. Someone with a JTAG to USB that can test if this works?

I have 3 brainless Ninebot ES2 from VOI and can invest if you are willing to tell me how to try this!

Can you share a link to the russian website? wa[…]

If this board dont work i will ask for a refund. E[…]

What exactly happened? I thought some othe[…]

@Hherbson @07Gevish https://i.imgur.com[…]