A Forum for Scooter Enthusiasts, Scooter Chargers, and Scooter Mechanics.

App, phone, GPS, and software
By Ricardo Silva
Hey there, greetings from Portugal!

As the title says, i need some opinions/help on this one… I live about 40Km away from the capital, where both Lime and Voi have been operating for a few months now. I mainly use Voi, because their scooters are usually in better shape. But, a few days ago, i noticed a Lime scooter abandoned just by my house, it's way too far from it's "operating" area, so i doubt someone will come and pick it up. I decided that, if it stays there for a few more days, i'll bring it in for a look… and yes, i know this is far from legal, but it's not like i'm stealing either.
I'm obviously thinking about converting it, but i'm having trouble finding the exact model… it's not a Xiaomi, that i can tell. It looks a bit like the Ninebot, but has different mudguards, and a traditional (mechanical) brake. Here are some pictures of the ones circuling around the capital:
This is an image - REGISTER or LOGIN to view.

This is an image - REGISTER or LOGIN to view.

What scooter is this? What parts do i need to buy for the conversion? And what parts do i need to remove? What charger do i need to use afterwards? And what about the fixed steering bar, can i make it fold again?

Thank you!
By 07Gevish
This is first generation scooter lime had employed at least here in US it was. It's made specifically for Lime by chinese company called Okai. They have been recalled by lime for breaking in half when people rode them lol.
By Ben J
Posts Avatar
That appears to be Lime made by Okai.
Its said its electronics and many other parts is specific to Lime so its likely One would have to adapt onto that a different scooter motor controls.
Fwiw, I think thats the same Lime model what have diecast alloy decks. If your example is not already cracked, its probably going to be fine using it yourself.
Hard abuse by vandals or overweight renters are known to crack then eventually breaking them.
By Ricardo Silva
Ok, better leave it alone then lol
The poor thing’s still there in the rain, i think it will just rot there!

But... just out of curiosity, what is currently the most simple scooter to convert?
By Ben J
Posts Avatar
Ricardo Silva wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:32 pm
Ok, better leave it alone then lol
The poor thing’s still there in the rain, i think it will just rot there!

But... just out of curiosity, what is currently the most simple scooter to convert?
Presently.. For a decent quality scooter, Xiaomi M365 scooters are the easiest. But Razor scooters are also easy too if you dont mind working on a clunky design thing with two wheels...
But if you are getting into scooter hacking.
You might as well salvage that Lime. It has batteries, motor, wheels, and other parts what can prove useful to homebrew Scooter building.
Even if you dont get it running, It has educational value.

nononon you all got it wrong I flashed the control[…]

@07Gevish Is tear down the same for the […]

Can you share a link to the russian website? wa[…]

If this board dont work i will ask for a refund. E[…]