Electric Scooter Forum for Scooter Enthusiasts, Scooter Chargers, and Scooter Mechanics.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
Dicedalova wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:13 pm
To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

Does anyone know the exact model of this one, and is there a way we can hack/mod this one? I notice you guys been talking about the es4 model. But this one is not a es4 model. Thanks for the input.

Update: I just saw the same pair of scooters I dont know if its a fluke but the one I found about less than a month ago was not green it was all black the only thing green was that stupid box and it was placed on the bottom. These scooters look like you can put air in the tire which is an older model or they completely phased out 9BOT and went with a cheaper meow mi model or something. Thats crazy if they downgraded their scooters, but i guess due to vandalism and theft. im assuming some variant of the Xio Mi M365 as no more segway because of the recalls.
Last edited by LetmeRideHellyeah on Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

cameronp707 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:15 am
Sorry this has probably already been answered and is probably the wrong forum aswell. I have pulled a lime apart to see how they work and the hardware involved. However now i have put the lime back together (i want it to work as a normal lime with the app ect) but nothing happens. The alarm wont go off and the wheel wont lock and the app wont work it literally dead. i have double check all-wiring ect. just wondering if there is anything that need to be done to get them going again, i don't want to get in trouble haha.
happened to me to. I guess there's a self destruct thing that happens if you take this crap apart it doesn't work anymore.. what ever i donated mine to the local junkie homeless.

bad news folks looks like lime recalled the lime-s I saw just a few weeks back!!!. https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/10/180 ... art-damage

and thats the exact model i had which the speaker thing was on the bottom.. so maybe this whole thread about how to personal scooter thing is a flop.. seems like lime keeps switching up the game and if they aren't using 9bot then get ready to be defeated.. lol i had no idea lime has chosen different models.. at least bird keeps it simple.. so I figure its better to tinker with a bird if you can find one. whereas the lime... Sucks!!! I just cant believe it the 9bot i had was recalled. hence these fuglier green fenders you see like the es1 they had and now a handlebar brake? vs the foot... that's definitely not a Segway 9bot es4.

RSB0 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:48 pm
HOLDMOSER wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:25 am
anyone here could successfully convert the Bird/Lime Segway Ninebot without the *BOX TOP* ??

Because I'm trying to convert one for me here in my country, the first scooter company just arrived and what I can tell so far from them it's that they are from Segway (Probably ES2/ES4 idk the difference between them), they DO NOT HAVE A BOX TOP. (here are some photos). https://imgur.com/a/C44mmsq

So in this models without the box top I've no idea where are the GPS and SIM card that communicates with the service provider.

Probably they use small trackers sticked under the scooter, there is a little hole under the scooter where they hide it and they "steal" energy from the wire that goes to the brake light. This devices are just for tracking and are usually not wired to the control board. AKA "brainless".

I haven't seen anyone having success on hacking this just by changing the dashboard, i know a friend that changed just the dashboard and scooter connects to app, you can change lights and name but unable to ride it because it won't "forget" the locked state.

If anyone know how to reset the locking state please let us know!
so this gps unit is located under the base you stand on?

do you think if I disconnect the gps while I'm on a ride it would "forget" the locked state??

Jameskay wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:58 am
kapranos wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:33 am
Jameskay wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:53 am
Just finished my lime conversation using a generic DC motor controller from AliExpress

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/boEjnKid

This is definitely not a project for the faint of heart.

Summary of findings

Working right of of box with original parts
Throttle To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

Motor To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

Hall sensor To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

Charging To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

Not working without modifications
E Brake. To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.
control board only supports basic open closed switch. Replaced sensor inside brake with a micro switch
Head light To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.
runs off 4.3v could not use same power supply as throttle , assume the light draws too much power. Ended up running off hall power and it works To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

Tail light To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.
Also 4.3v but ended up using a spare 5v Port on the board and it works. Worth mentioning the light is on and doesn't change brightnes when brake is applied

Not working at all
Display speed / battery percentage
App control

Working in final build
Throttle To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.
Replaced with aftermarket one that has a key to control power on and off
Motor To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

Hall sensor To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

Charging To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

E Brake To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

Headlight To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

Tail light To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

All the Electronics fit inside the original lime GPS box with some slight modification to the box

Please remember to legally acquire your Limes To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

Wow! an amazing job! i was searching for a while for some e scooter convertor like your,can you check the Aliexpress? is not working

Your model is an Ninebot ES1?,can you provide some connection schemas?, i wanna make the same with my Wind ES1

Thanks a lot!
Sorry just updated the link it should be this one

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/36V-48V ... 4c4dIWqVWb

Im not too sure about the model, I always thought this was an ES3 or 4
You're welcome to ask questions if you get stuck but I don't have any schematics or anything like that
Ok the scooter pictured above isn't ES1 it's ES2 or ES4....it's not even a Ninebot Segway lol.... This scooter is made specifically for lime by Chinese company Dong Guan honglin.

HOLDMOSER wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:14 am
RSB0 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:48 pm
HOLDMOSER wrote:
anyone here could successfully convert the Bird/Lime Segway Ninebot without the *BOX TOP* ??

Because I'm trying to convert one for me here in my country, the first scooter company just arrived and what I can tell so far from them it's that they are from Segway (Probably ES2/ES4 idk the difference between them), they DO NOT HAVE A BOX TOP. (here are some photos). https://imgur.com/a/C44mmsq

So in this models without the box top I've no idea where are the GPS and SIM card that communicates with the service provider.

Probably they use small trackers sticked under the scooter, there is a little hole under the scooter where they hide it and they "steal" energy from the wire that goes to the brake light. This devices are just for tracking and are usually not wired to the control board. AKA "brainless".

I haven't seen anyone having success on hacking this just by changing the dashboard, i know a friend that changed just the dashboard and scooter connects to app, you can change lights and name but unable to ride it because it won't "forget" the locked state.

If anyone know how to reset the locking state please let us know!
so this gps unit is located under the base you stand on?

do you think if I disconnect the gps while I'm on a ride it would "forget" the locked state??
It's a good theory but since the GPS it's not connected anyway to the control board it does not make a difference to the locked/unlocked state.

In that line of thinking the best way it's to unplug the battery while in a active ride to IN THEORY keep the unlocked state. Unfortunately don't have any way to test it out.

If you buy an locked used es2 the is no reset feature?
It's a nice security feature but not beeing able to reset the locked state is somehow strange but online there is no info on it... can't know if it is a feature of domestic scooter or only rental ones.

Appreciate any info by people with domestic versions.

Thanks.

RSB0 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:02 pm
Anonymous2 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:17 am
I have a weird problem. I have a Voi Scooter, i replaced the circuit board and can connect to the scooter via the app. But I can't unlock the scooter or change the serial number. I can only change some light settings and I can't change modes. Do I need a control board replacement aswell? When I'm trying to change serial number it says that serial number is not the original one, so I can't change. But when I look underneath the scooter it's the same serial number as it shows in the app?

How it looks like when I'm trying to change serial number

How it looks like, it says that it's in lock mode. Any ideas how to get it out of it?

I’m having the same problem... in locked mode and unable to get it off.

Couldn’t find any unlock procedure online. Anyone?

Thanks!
Hi

I have the exact same problem. I am connected via Bluetooth after changing the eS4 control board but the scooter is locked. Do I need to change the motherboard?

HOLDMOSER wrote:

Yeah, If its the same as the BIRD topless box versions here in Cali, you just need a new top dashboard and it will work. (Just dont connect it to the segway app, otherwise youll have a limited speed of 9mph) But its an easy job takes about 30 mins.

Hello all Thanks to this forum I got a zero motor[…]

This is my GF, I have Olive green one and I'm wo[…]

Covert a wheels bike?

The central control board is at the top and it&rsq[…]

Did you get to know how to turn it into personal?