Scooter Talk

Scooter Charger / Mechanic / Rider Forum

Help, tips, technique, and frequently asked questions.
By Aybaybay11
Posts Avatar
Why do a lot of people get away with grabbing birds and capturing later but then they all say unavailable if I try to capture, or get blocked when I move them.
By guisar
Posts Avatar
Sounds like you are running across Birds that were moved and when the mover tried to capture they were denied. As a result they just leave the scooter where they moved it to. These must come back on the map at some point. I'm not sure when though.
By TopHoarder
Posts Avatar
Aybaybay11 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:47 pm
Why do a lot of people get away with grabbing birds and capturing later but then they all say unavailable if I try to capture, or get blocked when I move them.
Move them when they are in rider mode and not on the charger map. ;)
By humanbeing21
Posts Avatar
TopHoarder wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:37 pm
How about you play by the rules and not move them at all until they are captured? Stupid hoarders...
By mcfurland
Posts Avatar
[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you being serious? The second you open the app regardless of whether you are using rider mode or not it starts tracking your location. You've even given the app permission to have location access which is used to find Birds near you and track the progress of your ride. You could, however, enter airplane mode before coming in contact with the Birds.
By guisar
Posts Avatar
I wonder what Bird does with the user locations from users when they aren't riding. Hopefully they aren't going all facebook/google and tracking everything we do .
By surveyorandrew
Posts Avatar
Bird is definitely tracking you when you're using the app and monetizing off that information. All tech companies are doing this.
Brain Jumping Tool?

Just picked up one of these brain jump tool. All[…]

Items all Bird chargers should have

@MargaritaChicken I love the username! Hilarious[…]

Questions about the scooter lights...

Welcome @Filthface ! The lights come in handy w[…]

Hi @Andreasybl - I’m the founder/administ[…]