Electric Scooter Forum for Scooter Enthusiasts, Scooter Chargers, and Scooter Mechanics.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By Scooterm355
Posts
#13889
)_0 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:05 am
Just installed 10000w motor controller. The 350w controller was to slow. I got it all soldered up and it is a beast ,but when i go up hill it shuts off. I have to disconnect battery and plug it back to get it to spin again. Anyone having the same problem. If so any suggestions ? I think it might have something to do with the BMS.
This does sound awesome what is your top speed? It shuts off when it receives to much power as in going up hills gives it a wattage boost to push more and eventually it’s shoving 1000w into a 350w rated motor and same with bms

By )_0
Posts
#13895
I used a bird zero battery and it works fine now. I get a max speed of 25mph but im still messing with the motor controller. Im not sure how long it will hold up but I will post more updates .

By hophamsean
Posts
#13980
Scooterm355 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:21 pm
)_0 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:05 am
Just installed 10000w motor controller. The 350w controller was to slow. I got it all soldered up and it is a beast ,but when i go up hill it shuts off. I have to disconnect battery and plug it back to get it to spin again. Anyone having the same problem. If so any suggestions ? I think it might have something to do with the BMS.
This does sound awesome what is your top speed? It shuts off when it receives to much power as in going up hills gives it a wattage boost to push more and eventually it’s shoving 1000w into a 350w rated motor and same with bms
Is the Model 590 really a 350w motor? I can't find that written anywhere.
)_0 wrote:I used a bird zero battery and it works fine now. I get a max speed of 25mph but im still messing with the motor controller. Im not sure how long it will hold up but I will post more updates .
So by upgrading to 1000w from 350w controller, you got a speed gain of like 9mph? that's awesome. I wonder if 500w could produce this much speed without harming the motor too much... To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

By absolutejdm
Posts
#13988
Can you provide a link on where you got your motor controller from? And what is a “BMS”? Where is it located and how to remove it?
lurkinglime wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:13 am
I can't say with any authority, but I've experienced similar reactions with my projects. If I run at low speed it is all good, but as soon as I give'er it cuts off. On my batteries I could observe the light on the BMS blink red. I made the logical assumption that I'm exceeding the amp draw limit within the BMS, but could definitely be wrong. It even happened when I ran 2 batteries in parallel. I have not tried yanking out the BMS and hard wiring it straight to the battery, but that would be my next step.

By ndufala20
Posts
#14000
So i just received my new 1000w controller and hooked it up and damn that thing has torque like a mother fucker but anyways it gets to about 12mph and starts slowing til it hits 15mph and just pretty much stays there with just a little power to keep you going 15 any ideas why this may be? this is the controller
To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

By hophamsean
Posts
#14007
ndufala20 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:40 pm
So i just received my new 1000w controller and hooked it up and damn that thing has torque like a mother fucker but anyways it gets to about 12mph and starts slowing til it hits 15mph and just pretty much stays there with just a little power to keep you going 15 any ideas why this may be? this is the controller
To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.
Does it come with the lcd display where you can change the speed gear? Ranges from 1-3 , 1-5.

User avatar
By m4for4
Posts Avatar
#14025
Just read through this forum. AWESOME job samzone!

Anybody know if the video regarding how to hook up the lights was posted?

By lurkinglime
Posts LikeBB
#14073
absolutejdm wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:47 am
Can you provide a link on where you got your motor controller from? And what is a “BMS”? Where is it located and how to remove it?
I started a thread about it in the hardware section. I'll be adding more info soon.
BMS is battery management system. It controls the charge and discharge of the battery in order to reduce the potential for failure and maintain performance. If you open a battery, there is usually a little circuit board that the external leads run from. I wouldn't mess with it, unless you are confident about what you're doing. You're better off seeing if you can acquire a bird zero battery or an m365 battery. I've seen them on ebay for very reasonable prices.

By Scooterm355
Posts
#14113
ndufala20 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:40 pm
So i just received my new 1000w controller and hooked it up and damn that thing has torque like a mother fucker but anyways it gets to about 12mph and starts slowing til it hits 15mph and just pretty much stays there with just a little power to keep you going 15 any ideas why this may be? this is the controller
To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

I think you are stuck in gear 1, 15mph is slow I am going 18mph on mine with a 20a 350w controllor and 15mph on a 350w 13a controllor

  • 1
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16

What firmware is this tested on? I would assume[…]

Bird zero tire help

Just wanted to update here following my successful[…]

Just to post an update to this thread, I fou[…]

I would use XT60 connectors for one. And two, the […]