Electric Scooter Forum for Scooter Enthusiasts, Scooter Chargers, and Scooter Mechanics.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, and much more.
I used a cheap 7W harbor freight soldering iron and got the three wires soldered in. There's already solder in the three spots and all you have to do is melt it and stick in the wire. Don't try to do this with your uncle's radiator soldering iron. The fourth one (at the resistor) I just used a hook probe to clip onto it. I got a cheap helping hands magnifying glass too but I might upgrade it in the future.

I'm going to try to build a solderless solution this weekend...

Pogo Pins + Sugru + logic hook probes. I already have everything but the pogo pins from other projects.

Sugru is non-conductive, but takes 24 hours to cure
This is sort of the concept:
https://www.instructables.com/id/Pogo-P ... Connector/
Hey everyone,

I'm in the middle of flashing my dash and I think I may have gone wrong somewhere.

My solder points are nice and clean, but I'm getting this error.

Open On-Chip Debugger 0.10.0
Licensed under GNU GPL v2
For bug reports, read
http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
Info : auto-selecting first available session transport "hla_swd". To override use 'transport select <transport>'.
Info : The selected transport took over low-level target control. The results might differ compared to plain JTAG/SWD
adapter speed: 1000 kHz
Info : Unable to match requested speed 1000 kHz, using 950 kHz
Info : clock speed 950 kHz
Error: open failed
in procedure 'init'
in procedure 'ocd_bouncer'

I've got everything plugged in correctly as well, so I'm not sure what's happening here.

Any thoughts?
slubadub wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:36 pm
Hey everyone,

I'm in the middle of flashing my dash and I think I may have gone wrong somewhere.

My solder points are nice and clean, but I'm getting this error.

Open On-Chip Debugger 0.10.0
Licensed under GNU GPL v2
For bug reports, read
http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
Info : auto-selecting first available session transport "hla_swd". To override use 'transport select <transport>'.
Info : The selected transport took over low-level target control. The results might differ compared to plain JTAG/SWD
adapter speed: 1000 kHz
Info : clock speed 950 kHz
Error: open failed
in procedure 'init'
in procedure 'ocd_bouncer'

I've got everything plugged in correctly as well, so I'm not sure what's happening here.

Any thoughts?
That's what mine did before I decided to send it back.
I think that's due to a faulty board or bad connection
Update: I flashed the controller with a full ESC dump using the ST-Link32 and the STM utility GUI software. I did not change the serial number or do any other edits yet. The clone dashboard now works if I turn it on while holding the brake. Lights, bluetooth, and motor works.

This pretty much proves that Bird did push out some firmware to it's controllers that will brick a scooter if a clone or OEM dashboard is used. I don't believe that their firmware changes or updates any code on the dashboard.
Hi, I have an idea:

In the past I flased to xiaomi m365 motherboard with a st-link to reset the km, so If I get the original firmware file from the original ninebot directly from the chip, I could try reprogramming the old bolt scooter controller that i have here. if someone with a ninebot in is able to pass me the file contact me please
Hey guys!
Anyone been out for this strange thing with KERS after replacing the control board and dash?

After the swap it ran successfully for 3-5minutes and when I e-braked from maximum speed it had a strange move and after that the front wheel was stuck in almost like an soft e-brake was engaged all the time. Not responding to throttle, but dash and brake light still works as designed.

When disconnecting the blue/yellow/brown thick cables to the hub motor, the electro magnetic resistans stops. If plugging it in again = it's still there.

Have I fried the control board when regenerating braking? After all.. it's Chinese parts (not the cheapest though). The scooter doesn't even have to be powered on to have the electro magnetic resistans.

EDIT:
Yep, it did burn

To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.
Last edited by Sabadello on Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Would replacing the controller and dash solve my problems here? Would I still need to flash the dash if I purchased a new one and ditched the one I'm tinkering with?

I've got a new controller in front of me and I can't get the dash to behave, so I'm tempted to just buy a new one.

Finally I found the source of the problem & al[…]

New Bird One - Model 590

I fried my m365 controller with one connected. It […]

hey Guys, I found a Voi Scooter that has a drained[…]

hi. i recently came into a SPIN rental ninebot[…]