Electric Scooter Forum for Scooter Enthusiasts, Scooter Chargers, and Scooter Mechanics.

By AlexRaftopoulos
Hello , im new to lime scooter hacking got mine 2 days ago , i yesterday i noticed that i need a controller for the motor cause its not a simple dc motor and thats ok found one for 14euros . Today i made big progress for my project it took me 5 hours to finish(the spoked wheel on the picture) and then i moved to check again the battery and it seems that it has 0 volts literally when i messure it with the multitool.Why? is it a hardware problem , i mean a bad wire that accidentally i pulled or its a logic board that turned the battery off(yesterday it was popping sparks!!!) also(tried to open it but when i saw the cells i decided to ask 1st cause there is no reason to open it if there is no circuit board inside) To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.
By NomadMech
Popping and Sparks are normal when hooking up a controller that's discharged. It's the capacitors loading back up and I actually see it as a good thing when I see it the loss of voltage to zero would indicate the BMS on the battery itself has cut power. Could be a sign of a dead short. What controller did you get? Are you sure it is a brushless motor controller? What battery are you using?
By AlexRaftopoulos
By poppipng sparks I meant i took the battery wires and touched them to each other for half a second 2 times to check if the battery had life cause I didn't had my multimetter so that was a healthy battery , the other day I took it again for a multimetter test to see what power it has and it was dead , now I used a xiaomi charger and the light is green so maybe some short is cut but idk i have to open it..
By AlexRaftopoulos
Ok I opened it the problem was the 30A fuse I jumper wired it and the battery gave 34 for the first sec and it was dropping to 15 I think and I guess that's normal it also charges with a xiaomi charger I own ..
Batterypack from bird segway

Hi, can i take external battery from bird segway[…]

Nah. Juice that shit up, man! I flashed mine to t[…]

Why do I keep in bricking controllers??

All 3 controllers that were blown were for the rea[…]

@freebird why exactly would A-Tow be confiscatin[…]