A Forum for Scooter Enthusiasts, Scooter Chargers, and Scooter Mechanics.

App, phone, GPS, and software
I took an M365 Turd Scooter and bought a dash board on ebay that came with a motor controller. Im told its a clone an the board is deffinatly different. It turned on w/it and ran but ran slow as shit. No apps would recognize it or pair except M365 downg. Paired right up, my intent was to flash the firmware to resolve the shitty performance. Wouldnt flash. It would respond to asking its version or battery info. All perameters were blank and n/a. Its the purple clone board. I was told that new controller was crap and thats why craopy performance. The plugs are different and I de-soldering the harness from the original board and soldering the clones hsrness to use the original motor controller with new clone dash. Didnt work. Decided to just go back to what dud work even tho it was poor performance and unflashable but during the second round of desoldering harness and resoldering I had problems getting shit to stick, then had wires stuck together due to closeness, de-soldered re-soldered until I fucked it up and got it too hot and burnt a resitor on the board. Fuck!
Thats what I decided too, to just buy one of those motor controllers for ebikes and scooters and get one that cones with a monitor to have motor function info and forget about trying to make original shit work. Mine has the box under the base so I wont have that aluminum controller strapped to the neck. The other option is pay more and buy OEM dash and controller and go original like factory original which is the best way, just cant really know when the chinese fuckers tell you yes, yes, original, and then send you a cheap-ass clone. What are ya gonna do?
To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.
Jungulio wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:33 pm
Hey guys!

So, it seems that the sim card device is actually connected via bluetooth to the scooter.

Basicly the lime scooter is "loked"
Ha ! Thats clever.
Really obvious and decently secure method now I think of it...
One would need a method to flash that portion on its processor to defeat it. Otherwise fit a replacement control board...
Gonzoxnikesb liked this
Ben J wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:29 pm
Jungulio wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:33 pm
Hey guys!

So, it seems that the sim card device is actually connected via bluetooth to the scooter.

Basicly the lime scooter is "loked"
Ha ! Thats clever.
Really obvious and decently secure method now I think of it...
One would need a method to flash that portion on its processor to defeat it. Otherwise fit a replacement control board...
Guys, you can confirm that Bluetooth connection theory?

I'm thinking to replace dash and motherboard from original ES2. The only thing that bug me about , it's the original battery have a 4 pin connection to the motherboard, and Lime's have just 2 pin connector to charge port. All the others connection could be rewired normally.

Another alternative it's buy a generic controller, throttle, and dash. It's possible to find even a "kit" on Ali
humanbeing21 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:30 pm
After feeling disappointed with the difficulty level to convert Bird's first generation scooter, the Xiaomi MIJIA M365, to a personal scooter I've started to look for a new project. You can check out the Xiaomi MIJIA M365 project here.

My sites are now focused on seeing if I can do the same thing with Bird's second generation scooter, the Segway Ninebot. The expectation is things will be more difficult this time around since both Lime and Bird have the same scooter model in their fleet. I'll be attempting to convert both companies scooters to function independently from the Bird or Lime platform.

I've gone to eBay for sourcing the OEM parts from China. Unfortunately, I'll be waiting until late December or even January for them to show up. To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

Here are the parts I purchased and will keep this thread updated with my progress.

Dashboard Circuit Board For Ninebot ES2 Foldable

Control Board For Ninebot Segway ES2 ES4 ES1 Foldable Scooter

Bird & Lime Model This Works With
Segeay Ninebot
hello,where has the gps scooter been located?
Zik wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:56 am
ZombieScoots wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:26 am
Looks like the ES4 has some new way of wiring that doesn’t fit the motherboard you purchased. So it definitely won’t be plug and play. But I’m sure a new clip can be added
Yes in deed, I did found an abandoned Lime, looks like a ES2, don't have a external battery just a GPS module in front and this is the motherboard that I found.

1. Charging port
2. This is connected through the tube to the lower part of the scooter
3. Dashboard connection
4. Connection to battery
5. Goes down through the tube to the lower part of scooter passing by a long rail just in front of battery.
6. To battery
7. That cable was unplugged. I assume to connect directly to a kind of programing interface.
8. That cable goes to GPS module, I assume one of them brings the signal to the motherboard to turn on the scooter.

Userhost wrote:Anyone know how to open the plastic, rectangular Bird head unit non-destructively? I don't want to break anything, but I'm interested in seeing how these things work. The non-destructive part is important because I want to return this Bird to service once I'm done studying it.
And this is the GPS module

Just opened

As you can see the circuit on the left holds the SIM card

Connection description

Pink arrow cable comes from motherboard.

Yellow cable it's the connection between that circuit and the big circuit to the left that holds the SIM card. I assume the white or the orange cable says to other circuit turn on the scooter.

The red arrow cable it's unplugged cable that I found in the back of module. I assume for programing.

So now I ask.

There's any way to replace the motherboard of this model? It's very different than the original one.

Or just run a jumper wires from one side to the other two complete connectivity and omit the SIM card entirely?
hello ,where has the gps lime scooter been located?

I mean do they call Ninebot to have custom scooter[…]

Hi, i tested but is not work... and i don't have […]

Will this work on an ex bird? Or do I have to get[…]

MI firmware 5.0

Do you have a photo of the OEM board . This re[…]