Electric Scooter Forum for Scooter Enthusiasts, Scooter Chargers, and Scooter Mechanics.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, and much more.
By rdeoalves
Hello there! Recently, I had to change my scooter's mainboard because of the error 40. Got a spare kit and changed it, along with the dashboard (had to change both or it wouldn't work properly). After changing the pieces, the scooter was able to turn on again, and everything seems to be working fine – except the motor wheel. It doesn't accelerate.
Couple of infos that may be helpful to figure out what's wrong:
1) the yellow cable coming from the wheel seems burnt. It should be the problem, but before changing those pieces, it was already like this and the motor wheel was accelerating then.
2) when I spin the wheel and press the acceleration button, it breaks the wheel (?!?!)
3) the new kit is not original (discovered when it arrived)
4) never flashed any firmwares and stuff, all stock

Does anyone know how to fix it?
By ndmccutcheon
I’m having a similar issue. Everything appears to work fine for me on a converted ES4, yet when I accelerate it just makes the motor whining noise and the motor doesn’t actually move. Sounds like we might have the same problem.

Update: It turns out that some of the traces on my controller had burnt away. This may or may not have happened to you (I doubt it though) but I just thought I would update you on my situation.
Shared Scooters for Sale on OfferUp

@Freebird Did you make it to the auction?

I am looking for real feedback on experience wit[…]

Got to the end - segway app. & got error (19).[…]

Are you sure Bird picked it up or was these guys l[…]