Electric Scooter Forum for Scooter Enthusiasts, Scooter Chargers, and Scooter Mechanics.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, and much more.
By serrt2
MikeSnow wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:35 am
I need to get hold of a original dashboard to try the controller now. I flashed it but the VOI dash is still using VOI custom firmware so I can't test it.
Got a stock dash but no programmer To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.
will order one today but will take a few days to get it. Dont feel like messing with copys (they sell copys at my local electronics store) just more hazzle

By TIER
Posts LikeBB Avatar
serrt2 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:25 pm
TIER wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:51 am
serrt2 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:30 am

sooooo any progress? To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.
almost out of popcorn here. Already have 80$ in a fake control board so trying to hold the trigger on the programmer untill someone that already have the stuff tested it
If you bought it on ebay, amazon or ali just get ur money back. Take pictures to prove it's fake.
jepp normally works without any hazzle but this seller is something ells.... Gives pointless answers have approved a return but given an invalid adress so cant send it kinda stuck in a catch-22 but will give it another day then I will contact ebay directly
cncdeals5??

By babass69
Posts LikeBB
Anonymous2 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:20 pm
babass69 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:01 pm
Mike Snow, what about flashing the DashBoard ?
If you rename the dash's FW with a .Hex instead of .bin and perform the ODA FW Update ?
Can't wait to read from you !!!
What does ODA stand for?
I think MikeSnow and I went wrong.
On the Dashbaord, is a Nordic Semiconductor Chip which is used for both Bluetooth LTE and as a MicroController.
With Nordic's software nRF Connect, ytou can connect the VOI's Dashboard and perform a Device Firmware Update (DFU) Over The Air (OTA), i.e., update the firmware using BT connection, no need to solder or use JTag.
Taht's why I told MikeSnow trying to change the BLE .bin file into a .hex file and perfom such a DFU-OTA.

By Anonymous2
Posts LikeBB Avatar
babass69 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:54 pm
Anonymous2 wrote:
babass69 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:01 pm
Mike Snow, what about flashing the DashBoard ?
If you rename the dash's FW with a .Hex instead of .bin and perform the ODA FW Update ?
Can't wait to read from you !!!
What does ODA stand for?
On the Dashbaord, is a Nordic Semiconductor Chip which is used for both Bluetooth LTE and as a MicroController.
With Nordic's software nRF Connect, ytou can connect the VOI's Dashboard and perform a Device Firmware Update (DFU) Over The Air (OTA), i.e., update the firmware using BT connection, no need to solder or use JTag.
Taht's why I told MikeSnow trying to change the BLE .bin file into a .hex file and perfom such a DFU-OTA.
So you just connect to the Voi Bluetooth device then you can push firmware?

By serrt2
TIER wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:37 pm
serrt2 wrote:
TIER wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:51 am

If you bought it on ebay, amazon or ali just get ur money back. Take pictures to prove it's fake.
jepp normally works without any hazzle but this seller is something ells.... Gives pointless answers have approved a return but given an invalid adress so cant send it kinda stuck in a catch-22 but will give it another day then I will contact ebay directly
cncdeals5??
nope Ebay and sellers name is Topmotorcycle16 so stay the f away from those fools never had this much hazzle with a seller before.

By TIER
Posts LikeBB Avatar
serrt2 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:00 pm
TIER wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:37 pm
serrt2 wrote:

cncdeals5??
nope Ebay and sellers name is Topmotorcycle16 so stay the f away from those fools never had this much hazzle with a seller before.
Ok. Mine is cncdeals5 and he tried the same thing.

We need a seller blacklist and whitelist. Too many scammers and bad hardware around.

By Jonnyboi
If the display i ordered from ebay has qr codes underneath the plastic case and has a blue dot on the bluetooth chip. is it fake? it looks just like the one in the Voi so.

By Anonymous2
Posts LikeBB Avatar
Jonnyboi wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:25 pm
If the display i ordered from ebay has qr codes underneath the plastic case and has a blue dot on the bluetooth chip. is it fake? it looks just like the one in the Voi so.
It's not fake I believe, mine doesn't have any QR codes but all the other things look the same, and works. Just the control board that needs to be replaced or flashed with original firmware.

By Anonymous2
Posts LikeBB Avatar
Anonymous2 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:59 pm
babass69 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:54 pm
Anonymous2 wrote:

What does ODA stand for?
So you just connect to the Voi Bluetooth device then you can push firmware?
I tried to do this via nrf toolbox on an Android device. I converted the bin file to hex file via srecord on mac, tried to flash the hex file as a bootloader, but it does not work. It's just in a loop. The app says that it rather need a dat file aswell with some metadata, that might be the key to this problem, but I don't have a clue about this.

m365 controller is damaged - found a bird zero con[…]

Is anyone going tomorrow? They are all M365's a[…]

Spin's new scooters

FYI they have a proprietary screw with a 5-sided[…]

The kit that Nick87night mentioned is very handy, […]