A Forum for Scooter Enthusiasts, Scooter Chargers, and Scooter Mechanics.

App, phone, GPS, and software
I've had a ton of luck converting a few m365s, as I'm sure you all have, easy as pie.

But this es2 is a new ball game, I'd really like to convert it for personal use as it has the extended battery, led under lights, etc. But I cant seem to find any one with a how to step by step, or claiming success?

Please if you have if you could link me the part YOU bought to get it to work, and possibly link to the post or site with the es2 guide?

Youd be a lifesaver and if someone has this figured out it needs a bump up anyhow. THANK YOU!
Ok I'm not sure why so many people are having issues. It's as simple as m365. I've converted this ES4 with just replacing the dashboard on it I got from Amazon. I didn't need new control module or anything of that sort... nothing...same way you did with m365 will work with es2/es4.

Just the dash This is an image - REGISTER or LOGIN to view.
Ben J liked this
07Gevish wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:51 pm
Ok I'm not sure why so many people are having issues. It's as simple as m365. I've converted this ES4 with just replacing the dashboard on it I got from Amazon. I didn't need new control module or anything of that sort... nothing...same way you did with m365 will work with es2/es4.

Is this a bird with a box stripped off ? If so , I’m sure you’re having lights speed issues due to the battery?
Colburn wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:35 pm
07Gevish wrote:

Is this a bird with a box stripped off ? If so , I’m sure you’re having lights speed issues due to the battery?
It had a box. And no not having any issues...
07Gevish wrote:

I just changed the dash on an es4 and I can't update the firmware says failed. I then tried to attached an external battery but since I can't update the firmware, I get an error. I can see the external battery in the app. But can't update the bms, firmware or anything. Not with android or ios. Also can't change speed modes by double clicking. Also the mph and kph are both lit. I can ride the scooter, lock and unlock it. Change the lights in iOS.
Any ideas?
Looks like I may have to get a new controller or dash.
James007 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:40 pm
07Gevish wrote:

I just changed the dash on an es4 and I can't update the firmware says failed. I then tried to attached an external battery but since I can't update the firmware, I get an error. I can see the external battery in the app. But can't update the bms, firmware or anything. Not with android or ios. Also can't change speed modes by double clicking. Also the mph and kph are both lit. I can ride the scooter, lock and unlock it. Change the lights in iOS.
Any ideas?
Looks like I may have to get a new controller or dash.
Yes the speed modes aren't switchable due to the firmware bird uses with the control module. What a lot of people dont realize that bird doeasnt use actual es2 or es4 models.... bird calls it ESB which has no external battery and ESX with 2 batteries one being external. Also the reason why they do not have rear suspension yet still have lights under as well so its only natural for the custom made Ninebot that bird employs to have custom control module/firmware etc....
It has successfully been done, you just havent researched properly, I have done the mod on two scooters, and the only thing I did was replace the brain. The issue I am having (firmware issues uncontrollable by me) is when the headlight is on it goes 12mph headlight off 16mph the way around this is to engage cruise (beep after 5 secs) and then double click to get headlight to engage, I can change lights below only on iOS not android.

get a es4 and a dashboard and figure it out, it will work.
This is an image - REGISTER or LOGIN to view.
jdl357 liked this
Wow thank you guys so much for responding back so does anybody have a good link for the piece I have noticed the display LCD piece that goes on top and then I've seen the larger cylindrical silver piece do I need both are just the top LCD display style is that the brain?
dustydog256 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:40 pm
It has successfully been done, you just havent researched properly, I have done the mod on two scooters, and the only thing I did was replace the brain. The issue I am having (firmware issues uncontrollable by me) is when the headlight is on it goes 12mph headlight off 16mph the way around this is to engage cruise (beep after 5 secs) and then double click to get headlight to engage, I can change lights below only on iOS not android.

get a es4 and a dashboard and figure it out, it will work.
This is an image - REGISTER or LOGIN to view.
Ok thank you. Odd about the speed and lights, I only have android so This is an image - REGISTER or LOGIN to view.
did you reboot the battery underneath? Like the plug to the bluetooth of an m365. What dash did you buy can you link me?

nononon you all got it wrong I flashed the control[…]

@07Gevish Is tear down the same for the […]

Can you share a link to the russian website? wa[…]

If this board dont work i will ask for a refund. E[…]