A Forum for Scooter Enthusiasts, Scooter Chargers, and Scooter Mechanics.

App, phone, GPS, and software
By Northoak
Bird es4 with replaced dashboard goes 16 mph normally and only 12 mph with the headlight on. Has anyone found a solution for this?

I read something about bypassing a fuse to fix problems with the Segway es2s. Has anyone tried that with a bird?
By James007
Posts LikeBB Avatar
Northoak wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:20 am
Bird es4 with replaced dashboard goes 16 mph normally and only 12 mph with the headlight on. Has anyone found a solution for this?

I read something about bypassing a fuse to fix problems with the Segway es2s. Has anyone tried that with a bird?
Yes it works. try it. You can use solder wire. no need to know how to solder.
By shipon7
Northoak wrote:

i am reading the same stuff you are. i ordered some wire glue to use instead of solder (i have no knowledge of how to solder anything) but as far as i'm concerned, you just have to bridge over the fuse with a conductive material. i'll let you know how it goes. apparently it's an issue in all ninebot esx's, it's just super accelerated by the extra load of the external battery or when you keep pushing the scooter uphill.
By dustydog256
Posts LikeBB
James007 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:06 am
Northoak wrote:

What fuse are we talking about? Im interested and can solder, I just cant locate any info on this.
By rmnhsd
I had this same problem, it turned out to be the control board. I swapped out another control board and the problem went away. The control board btw is the silver tube thing that butts up against the battery inside the vertical tube. So if you have access to more ESXs give that a try.
By shipon7
dustydog256 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:18 pm
James007 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:06 am
Northoak wrote:

What fuse are we talking about? Im interested and can solder, I just cant locate any info on this.
https://forumkickscooter.fr/viewtopic.php?t=108
dustydog256 liked this
By dustydog256
Posts LikeBB
I ended up putting a 33 ohm 1/4 watt resistor on the negative side of the headlight with minimal loss, 17mph headlight off 16 mph headlight on, easy and it also doesn't jeopardize you from overheating and frying your board when you solder.
By dictionaryboii
dustydog256 wrote:I ended up putting a 33 ohm 1/4 watt resistor on the negative side of the headlight with minimal loss, 17mph headlight off 16 mph headlight on, easy and it also doesn't jeopardize you from overheating and frying your board when you solder.
Can you share a picture of how you installed the resistor? Would love to fix this on my scooter rather than buying a new board

Does this look genuine? US $32.56 30%OFF | Origi[…]

Hello ! I want to know where I can found an integ[…]

I have a zero motor on the rear of my 365 and it&r[…]

In case anyone was wondering, the supplier for the[…]