A Forum for Scooter Enthusiasts, Scooter Chargers, and Scooter Mechanics.

App, phone, GPS, and software
By Mind Train
Posts LikeBB
Hi there
Thanks to all in threads of turning scooters to own, but still we have a parts lay of what is not used anymore but why?

When we are disassembling GPS module LBCAT-S we found few interesting things like it runs Android, have it BLE, GPS and 4G and every one has removed SIM 1st to disappear from Lime . But what is the SIM inside ..

I searched by ICCID (serial nuber) and found that SIM has issued by T-Mobile USA for virtual operator of Twilio
https://www.twilio.com/

That operator is for IoT and marketing its perfect works for Lime but with some security holes

After months i activated one of SIM what i have and ............ Its works and its not blocked
SIM have no PIN
SIM is Active in Roaming of more than 180 countries https://www.twilio.com/docs/wireless/av ... -operators
SIM have active data just setup a APN to wireless.twilio.com and are you connected to the Internet

I'm not tried calls and SMS but internet is fine if you need it This is an image - REGISTER or LOGIN to view.

But be aware of using it for private things
Operator and/or customer and police can see everything about you
Your device SN, ID, Type, Location
Your communication (base network communication like handling and states of terminal) and can read every not secured data what you send and receive like DNS and HTTP communication ,

Question is why they not blocking SIMs if know their scooters are offline for longtime, why they not blocking SIM if they can know if SIM is begin used and company pay for usage
This is an image - REGISTER or LOGIN to view.
@Mind Train

Wait, are you claiming we can take a SIM out of a Lime scooter plug it into a smartphone and get internet access for free?

It’s beyond me why Line wouldn’t block this. Especially since your claiming by the cards are pay per use. If this issue exists with Lime I’d bet Bird had the same issue. If someone has it out for these scooter companies they could rack up a huge cell phone bill for them to pay.
Mind Train liked this
By geemanaz
Bird sim cards are on Verizon Network with unlimited corporate data plan of 5000 + simcards so hard to keep in track . There a guy on a another forum post about it and he been useding it in a version hotpot LTE device past 6 month's with VPN so no database tracking
Mind Train liked this
Thanks for the encouragement @geemanaz ! This is an image - REGISTER or LOGIN to view.

I pulled the trigger on a cheap Verizon hotspot to test how difficult this will be. Going to use the SIM from the impounded scooter I bought.

Here's is the hot spot I bought on eBay.
eBay: VERIZON, NOVATEL MiFi 6620L JETPACK 4G LTE BROADBAND HOTSPOT ROUTER MOBILE

Colburn liked this
By technine
I put a Bird Verizon SIM in an iPad. It worked for about 2 days and then stopped working so they may have a way to shut them off now. I'm interested to see how the hotspot works out for you.
By Colburn
humanbeing21 wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:25 pm
Thanks for the encouragement @geemanaz ! This is an image - REGISTER or LOGIN to view.

I pulled the trigger on a cheap Verizon hotspot to test how difficult this will be. Going to use the SIM from the impounded scooter I bought.

Here's is the hot spot I bought on eBay.
eBay: VERIZON, NOVATEL MiFi 6620L JETPACK 4G LTE BROADBAND HOTSPOT ROUTER MOBILE

Super interested! Let me know if this works!
By Mind Train
Posts LikeBB
rmnhsd wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:28 pm
Tried the same thing with both types of sim, no-go on an older iphone. Just says "no network"
I had this problem in iPhone only by bad signal of roaming providers, try to enable only LTE or search manually for network

Yes, every bird model in Paris have been e[…]

https://adam.zeloof.xyz/2019/01/09/electric-scoote[…]

Hack Bird's Segway Ninebot Scooter

So, finally got a replacement dash for my Bird[…]

Covert a Razor scooter

http://wildscooterparts.com/recreational-scooter-[…]