A Forum for Scooter Enthusiasts, Scooter Chargers, and Scooter Mechanics.

App, phone, GPS, and software
By xian06
Posts Avatar
MarcusRab wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:19 pm

@humanbeing21 Hey .. are you using the iPhone version of the app ? I have a ES4 (I believe?) that has the lights on the bottom.. but the Ninebot App doesnt give me any options to change them.. There is a firmware update that it wants to do but I'm scared to do it because I believe it will end up speed-limiting the scooter like it did my other one. The other one is now limited to 12\13 MPH with no way to increase the max speed. Speed limiting in the app is set to 9.3MPH so I know that isnt the culprit.

Just curious what you did to change the lights.

Thanks!

I am having the same issue with No light option in the app. If I can't get the underneath LED's to work I might just remove them. lol
By DavieBoiii
druinthor wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:56 pm
DavieBoiii wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:54 am
Here is video of control board:

-----》streamable.com/s/43ym0 《-----
Write https:// before adress.
Try again. For me it is working when I copy and paste link in a new window.

streamable.com/s/43ym0 

By MarcusRab
xian06 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:20 pm
MarcusRab wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:19 pm

@humanbeing21 Hey .. are you using the iPhone version of the app ? I have a ES4 (I believe?) that has the lights on the bottom.. but the Ninebot App doesnt give me any options to change them.. There is a firmware update that it wants to do but I'm scared to do it because I believe it will end up speed-limiting the scooter like it did my other one. The other one is now limited to 12\13 MPH with no way to increase the max speed. Speed limiting in the app is set to 9.3MPH so I know that isnt the culprit.

Just curious what you did to change the lights.

Thanks!

I am having the same issue with No light option in the app. If I can't get the underneath LED's to work I might just remove them. lol
When you connect to yours via bluetooth, does it prompt you to upgrade the firmware? if so, Have you ?
By RSB0
Posts Avatar
Hi there!

Thanks to all for such rich topic.

A friend of mine got a es4 at a local police auction that looked company branded (Europe), but was damm cheap he gave it a try.
This model looks a lot like what you call “brainless”, I had an compatible charger and it charges but it’s locked, Bluetooth device shows the company name.

So, I was not able to understand what to do exactly for this brainless models, just dash replace, dash+control.
If there is no brain I think that somekind of factory/firmware flashing reset might do the work but was unable to find any info about it.
Also the dashboard looks a lot like a stock one, what’s the differences between them?

On a regular es4 how do you perform some factory/bluetooth reset, is it possible to replicate the process?

Next week i’ll bring some pics when I get to his home and help him desassembly.
BTW this brainless scooter had normal torx screws and not that kind of “security”.

Thanks in advance!
By MarcusRab
Hey man,

I looked at your video and am just curious what lead you this deep into disassembly ?

The method detailed in the first post is the only thing needed ( as far as I can tell?) to get the Bird Ninebots (es2/es4) up and running. I haven't had to mess with any of the control boards.. I can basically take the entire handlebars with the dashboard (either the linked one or one of the various ebay sellers) and switch it to a brained bird unit and the scooter will run normally, albeit ask for a firmware update usually.

I know I am not answering your question but it seems you may have over complicated the process
By MarcusRab
humanbeing21 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:13 pm
@MarcusRab I used the iPhone app on the ES2 scooter.
I can report that the ability to alter or turn off the lights on the scooters is only available through the IOS application. Android versions of the Segway-Ninebot app do not give you the option to change the light pattern or turn them off entirely.
By DavieBoiii
MarcusRab wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:48 am
Hey man,

I looked at your video and am just curious what lead you this deep into disassembly ?

The method detailed in the first post is the only thing needed ( as far as I can tell?) to get the Bird Ninebots (es2/es4) up and running. I haven't had to mess with any of the control boards.. I can basically take the entire handlebars with the dashboard (either the linked one or one of the various ebay sellers) and switch it to a brained bird unit and the scooter will run normally, albeit ask for a firmware update usually.

I know I am not answering your question but it seems you may have over complicated the process
Yeah I probably have. But I am trying to find a way to use the linked dash that has the Bluetooth hard coded to the renter.

And also I have new problem. The battery won't take charge after disconnecting the control board and reconnecting. Just flashing control board now. Have it lost is firmware now maybe?

Could I take a bird brain and put in a lime and make it running. And the other way also. A lime in a bird scooter?

Then it will think it is a new dashboard maybe. Or they are all hardcover with the Bluetooth renters name?

Thanks for answering me

Hope All are well in the Family , Steve - Great to[…]

So I ordered a brand new dashboard of amazon and w[…]

I got a new display. but he asks me for PIN, what […]

Mine was abandoned for over a month, it was rained[…]