Electric Scooter Forum for Scooter Enthusiasts, Scooter Chargers, and Scooter Mechanics.

By 365GUY
Posts LikeBB Avatar
Can anyone tell me what type of tool is needed to remove the front fork from the 365 and the ES scooters ?

It looks like a 18mm nut with slits in it. I can’t seem to find anything on the topic or removing it.
To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

Pic of zero fork bolt and ES model
By LAskooter213
Posts LikeBB Avatar
I cut slots in an old 16 mm socket with a cutoff wheel and got one out, but it wasnt easy. I never got the thing to fit just right and I nearly stripped the nut. I ended up using a chisel like a screwdriver to finish the job. Shit show.
I can tell you that the nut is referred to as "castleated" or a "casle nut" when they are made like that. Many tools are available online, they are often called spanner sockets or axle nut sockets. I think that tool that homie listed above is worth a try for sure. I never pursued removing them again after my first endeavor. I never really had the need. I dont know why I even took one apart in the first place. I guess the urge to disassemble runs deep within my soul.
So why do you want to remove it? Any real reason or are you just a sick fuck trying to scratch that itch? Cuz I know how you feel!
By 365GUY
Posts LikeBB Avatar
Well I’m the past when I needed a fork I would just cut it off with a angle grinder and cut off wheel and then just weld the piece I cut off to whatever I was building. But now I need to do some real customizing and build I new fork for a wider wheel. I’m surprised it isn’t in any of the bird repair manuals, it’s not listed anywhere.
I will try and see what tool I can find on amazon and post my findings for anyone else who is interested.
Thx
By NomadMech
The best tool imo is a castle nut off of another unit and I cut off all but two of the splines. Then I weld the nut on to the end of the forks where it would normally be and bend the fork out. Now you have made a t handle wrench out of an old fork and nut that fits perfectly because that's exactly the same size. To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.
galstaf liked this
Batterypack from bird segway

Hi, can i take external battery from bird segway[…]

Nah. Juice that shit up, man! I flashed mine to t[…]

Why do I keep in bricking controllers??

All 3 controllers that were blown were for the rea[…]

@freebird why exactly would A-Tow be confiscatin[…]

Ad
Laser - 6175 Suspension Castle Nut Socket - Kawasaki
$21.03
sold by Laser