Electric Scooter Forum for Scooter Enthusiasts, Scooter Chargers, and Scooter Mechanics.

By dustydog256
Posts LikeBB
So I know the scooters are powder coated metal, but looking for options to change up the color scheme . Vinyl wrap? Plastidip? Ideas?
By alexgroove
very curious about this myself. mainly changing up anything red on the scooter ( Grommets, brake line, ) not too worried about the wheel stickers, as those seem like they'd be easy to paint over.
By Bird_of_prey
Posts Avatar
Disassemble the entire scooter. Down to just the bare aluminum frame, shaft pole, and handle bar mount. Then go get those chrome plated. Buy all new hardware.. Screws and bolts in copper color. Get the bottom skid plate in a fake copper color too. and plate the head (where the headlight housing and BT Circuit board) in copper too.
By gerbilnut
I used some aircraft remover paint stripper to try and get back down to bare metal but don't have the patience to finish it. Since I have a vinyl cutter, I'm going to end up designing a black vinyl wrap to fit my ES1 so I have a nice clean blank slate to start with.
By Whiteferrett
I'm painting my ex-bird es4 right now...so far only issue I've had is the bird letters standing out on the first coat of paint... I plan on doing a few more layers so it should be good after another coat or two... To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

By Colburn
Whiteferrett wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:54 pm
Got it all painted turned out great... Bird letters disappeared after the third coat. To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

Real nice ! How did you remove the battery from your other auctioned scooter? They’re not using a T25 or other screw
By Whiteferrett
Colburn wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:00 pm
Whiteferrett wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:54 pm
Got it all painted turned out great... Bird letters disappeared after the third coat. To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

Real nice ! How did you remove the battery from your other auctioned scooter? They’re not using a T25 or other screw
It looked like a hex bolt but I ended up just leaving it on because I didn't have any hex keys of the right size. I just have the es4 and a m365

Hi, I'm going forward on the project. I'm followi[…]

hey Guys, I found a Voi Scooter that has a drain[…]

no because i didnt write anything down. i didnt us[…]

Oh, and it should be said that I usually just sh[…]