Electric Scooter Forum for Scooter Enthusiasts, Scooter Chargers, and Scooter Mechanics.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
Style111 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:35 am
This Error is due to fake dashboard. I had the same. Buy original one and everything will work
dorcia wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:09 am
James007 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:31 pm

Whats an electric board? circuit board? control board? controller, dashboard? The lock is in the motor controller.
Thanks for your reply.
I changed the dashboard like that one :
To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

If the lock is in the motor controller, is there anyway to remove it ? Does fw change can help ?

Thanks in advance for your help & reply.

EDIT : I tried the M365_downG app.
It connected to the scoot and check ver indicated BMS ver:-10201 BLE (same) DRV ver:500 encoded file needed!!!
I dl a fw from botox 1.40 and also 1.38 (2 firmwares in each zip: 1 firm.bin, the other firm.bin.enc (encoded) )
after 0%, 1% result is : cancelled due to retry
Is there something wrong I did ?
Thanks for your reply, now the M365 is OK, although it's a fake dashboard.

any reason why i can't use my headlight while riding the scooter at the same time? turn the headlight on while in motion and the motor shuts off. turn it on while stationary, and it won't run, the rear light flashes.
i am using a fake board, blue (ninebot logo isn't like the real one). The mi home app does recognize and i have full app function. i think it is flashed with the real board FW. thanks

Scoot_Scoot wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:13 pm
jeffchang wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:51 am
hey, I'm seeing a lot of fake boards on eBay and having trouble finding a real one, does anyone have a link to a successful real board theyve ordered ? thanks
I have purchased 7 fakes and I just received what appears to be a legit xiaomi part, a dashboard cover, troubleshooting instructions, and a special warning and instructions about how not to blow up your circuitboard when installing on a former Lyft scooter. This seller was thoughtful enough to include 3 screws, which you otherwise might have not realized you needed until installing it. Finding those screws would be relatively difficult. Shipping took 3 days from California to DC. The same seller also carries clone boards for a little less, but warns the clone boards cannot be used to flash firmware. They also sell both a real xiaomi folding pole as a generic version that includes all the parts I just learned I needed after purchasing from banggood. I will update later today, possibly in a separate post, with pics and info about where you can purchase it once I verify it works and can flash firmware. To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

Do you still have a link for this? I've been searching for a working one and I can't find anything.
Thanks!!!
Last edited by Yucky1 on Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mikolajit liked this

By Yucky1
humanbeing21 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:48 pm
You'll want to buy a specialty screw driver set from Amazon and the one I bought is linked below. This is used to take the Bird brain apart which has a T6 screw.

Amazon: ORIA Screwdriver Set, Magnetic Driver Kit, Professional Repair Tool Kit

Also grab a hex set if you don't already have one.

Amazon: Tekton Hex Key Wrench Set

The eBay seller only includes the Xaiomi hardware, no tools are included.
Hey @humanbeing21

Do you know what size hex key you need to remove the collar and take the shaft off of the bird?
Also, once you do that, are there wires in the shaft that you have to reroute?
Can you just fold the scooter in half by removing the collar, or would you need to disconnect some wires or something else? Need to store my scooter in a locker during the work day and i want to be able to ride it to work still while i wait for the folding mechanism to arrive.
Thanks in advance!!
Last edited by Yucky1 on Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

humanbeing21 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:47 pm
Got around to installing the folding neck today. It was pretty straight forward.

What I learned from doing this:
  • If performing this mod on a former Bird scooter you'll need to drill out the rivet at the base of the neck.
  • Reuse two of the collar screws to hold on the folding neck.
  • You'll need a new set screw to help secure the folding neck. Haven't figured out the size yet and works without.
  • Be careful taking out the center bolt to keep the wheel in place.

Do you know what size the rivet at the base of the neck is that you need to drill out?
Thanks!!

I just found this amazing thread. So many great information! I recently won a storage auction and a bird scooter (M365) was part of it. It didn't turn on and the top GPS part was all smashed up. But when I took that apart, all the wires inside were all intact. So I bought a charger and a circuit board on eBay and started to convert it. The charging took three hours but the conversion only took 5 minutes! It rides like a normal scooter. But it does have a minor problem that I hope someone here can help me with.

I just read this entire thread and it seems like no one has this problem yet!
The throttle works fine. I can change it from eco mode to standard mode & I can syn it with the MI app. But when I push the button to turn ON the lights, it powers off the scooter! and the lights stays on. And when I push the button to turn OFF the light, the scooter turns back on again.

So far I disconnect/reconnect the battery, check every cable for damage, update the firmware via the MI app. Even reset battery BMS button. Nothing helps.
Does anybody know what causes this? It will be great to have the built-in lights working so I can ride it at night. Thanks!
Adriano1298 liked this

Vinnie007 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:27 am
I just found this amazing thread. So many great information! I recently won a storage auction and a bird scooter (M365) was part of it. It didn't turn on and the top GPS part was all smashed up. But when I took that apart, all the wires inside were all intact. So I bought a charger and a circuit board on eBay and started to convert it. The charging took three hours but the conversion only took 5 minutes! It rides like a normal scooter. But it does have a minor problem that I hope someone here can help me with.

I just read this entire thread and it seems like no one has this problem yet!
The throttle works fine. I can change it from eco mode to standard mode & I can syn it with the MI app. But when I push the button to turn ON the lights, it powers off the scooter! and the lights stays on. And when I push the button to turn OFF the light, the scooter turns back on again.

So far I disconnect/reconnect the battery, check every cable for damage, update the firmware via the MI app. Even reset battery BMS button. Nothing helps.
Does anybody know what causes this? It will be great to have the built-in lights working so I can ride it at night. Thanks!
Hey, sorry to hear about your problem. I’m having the same problem and I don’t know how to fix it. Also, do you know if there is a gps in the lower brain of the bird M365?

Yucky1 wrote: Hey, sorry to hear about your problem. I’m having the same problem and I don’t know how to fix it. Also, do you know if there is a gps in the lower brain of the bird M365?
Hey. I don't believe there is a GPS unit on the bottom portion of the scooter. My cell can detect the GPS on the new circuit board that I got on eBay. When I unplugged the circuit board, my cell can not detect the scooter at all so I believe that's the only GPS unit that's on the scooter.

Vinnie007 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:03 pm

Hey. I don't believe there is a GPS unit on the bottom portion of the scooter. My cell can detect the GPS on the new circuit board that I got on eBay. When I unplugged the circuit board, my cell can not detect the scooter at all so I believe that's the only GPS unit that's on the scooter.
You don't understand the difference between GPS and Bluetooth.
GBean liked this

This method will eventually be released into a u[…]

Do not plug it in. Seriously, just count it a los[…]

I figured out my controller and had it running. No[…]

hi There is a very simple method works great ver[…]