Electric Scooter Forum for Scooter Enthusiasts, Scooter Chargers, and Scooter Mechanics.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
Tony Lac wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:06 pm
07Gevish wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:27 am
Tony Lac wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:21 am

Confirmed. Oem board with custom firmware uploaded and now switched to and running on clone board. Now what is the best setting for this (m365/B0 wheel) I went crazy and had the bird zero run like a freight train. Didn't last long. Battery started flashing red. Resetted now running on CFW W on clone board.
Are you you using the custom firmware webtool?
https://m365.botox.bz/
Do you leave the "Russian throttle algorithm" checked or not?
07Gevish wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:25 pm
Tony Lac wrote:
07Gevish wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:27 am

Are you you using the custom firmware webtool?
didn't touch a thing. so I guess it's checked
proplane64 liked this
SicilianBoy wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:56 pm
So how not to burn controllers? Not use that particular firmware?
I am guessing that the issue is the recuperative breaking system(RBS). Maybe the Bird Zero motor can push back more than the M365 controller can handle?

I have been trying to find a way to disable the feature, either firmware based or physical install based. The closest thing in the firmware is the KERS, but it does not disable the RBS. I am wondering if cutting the wire that comes from the break lever would disable it, but I can't test that theory right now without a working controller. In my mind, it should work, you would just have to rely solely on the disc breaks which some people advise against.
SicilianBoy wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:56 pm
So how not to burn controllers? Not use that particular firmware?
Strange I've never ran into such issue. Even flashed it with higher power output than CFW one....
Tony Lac wrote:
07Gevish wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:25 pm
Tony Lac wrote:
didn't touch a thing. so I guess it's checked
I'd uncheck it before flashing.
proplane64 liked this
So I just attempted the zero motor swap and am having some issues. I could have sworn someone wrote about this but I can't find it. After testing that the wheel was mounted the correct direction and spinning w/ the throttle input, I put the scooter back together and there's a funky noise emanating from the battery/controller. It's hard to tell where exactly it's coming from because it's like vibrational sound which never happened with the stock wheel. BTW, I had to swap the blue and brown wires to make the wheel even spin. Like others, the wheel would just brake otherwise when throttle was inputted after wheel was spun both directions to test. Power also cuts out while riding & it's definitely not going faster than stock. I soldered all the wires up with m365 connectors and had the white wire which I left untouched. I even spun the fork around and reversed the mud guard so that the motor wires could be covered still. All that work for nothin' I'm going to stock.

hi there, the controller motor i buy it ist this:[…]

Got mine all working with the 30 dollar motor cont[…]

Fastest M365?

How did u use the zero battery I hook mine up &[…]

hi. i recently came into a SPIN rental ninebot e[…]