A Forum for Scooter Enthusiasts, Scooter Chargers, and Scooter Mechanics.

When it's not okay.
By druinthor
Posts LikeBB LikeBB Avatar
I'm fed up with these hoarding pricks. Three times last night I'm close to capturing a Bird only to find out the Birds are stashed in someones home. This got me thinking, what can we do about this to get back at them?

Here are the things that came to mind last night when I was driving around mad.
  • Click the alarm continuously to keep them up at night.
  • Write down IDs of Birds I've captured in hopes of remotly capturing the hoarded Bird then cancel the task to drop the bounty back to $5. Saw this one on Reddit and thought it was clever.
  • Stakeout their home until they come out then video tape the confrontation.
  • Report to Bird in hopes they'll actually do something about it. To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.
By Nottinghaam
Posts Custom Avatar
Based on your post I thought I'd try something out. I liked the idea of remotely capturing a bird and then canceling the task to reset the bounty. Turns out that it is a whole lot easier to do than I imagined and didn't require written down IDs. I don't think I should go into detail about it in public though. And I might actually need to report it to Bird.
By Rocksta87
Posts Avatar
I don't understand the hoarder mentality. By keeping several uncaptured Birds in your home you are telegraphing to the world "Come rob me, you're garunteed X amount of Birds plus more." Makes no sense why someone would make themselves such a target for a few hundred bucks.
By Rocksta87
Posts Avatar
Bird Hunter 313 wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:37 am
I am confused on the remote capturing though??
If you know the full Bird ID you can capture them from anywhere. After you capture the hoarded Bird Release it and the bounty goes back to $5.
By Nottinghaam
Posts Custom Avatar
Rocksta87 wrote: If you know the full Bird ID you can capture them from anywhere. After you capture the hoarded Bird Release it and the bounty goes back to $5.

And you can retrieve the bird ID of any bird on the map if you monitor the HTTP request that the application makes.
ScooterTalk liked this
By guisar
Whoa.... you just changed the game @Nottinghaam. Googling now to figure out how to do this with my iPhone.
By Nottinghaam
Posts Custom Avatar
guisar wrote:Whoa.... you just changed the game @Nottinghaam. Googling now to figure out how to do this with my iPhone.

Use this responsibly, don’t go capturing every bird on the map from home before going out to look.
guisar liked this
By Nottinghaam
Posts Custom Avatar
I saw a post on /r/birdcharger for scootermap.com and it got me thinking about how they accessed the APIs so I searched GitHub and found a repo containing API details for the different rental companies out there. I had been having trouble determining the authentication methods for Bird and LimeBike so I resorted to simply sniffing HTTP requests from the apps on my iPhone. It's so much easier to use the APIs as documented at https://github.com/ubahnverleih/WoBike.
By guisar
Nottinghaam wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:07 pm
Use this responsibly, don’t go capturing every bird on the map from home before going out to look.
Defenitly not going to exploit this. Only planning on using to annoy a couple notorious hoarders in my area.

I checked out the GitHub site you provided. It looks really interesting but I'm lost on how to do any of this. Would you mind starting a new thread explaining how to use this tool?

Thanks for the awesome info!

It's not quite plug and play. I took off the[…]

I just start to remove the gum from the controller[…]

Batteries in parallel

How many batteries can you wire in parallel? I pic[…]

Pictures of your Scooters!

This is one of the latest .Buffed down to the ra[…]