A Forum for Scooter Enthusiasts, Scooter Chargers, and Scooter Mechanics.

When it's not okay.
By Spree1985
Posts Avatar
Why does Bird allow people to hord scooters in their houses & Apts ? Does anyone know if they have a strategy to deal with this? In my area, people are figuring out they can buy chargers on Amazon and they are becoming people a permanent method of transportation by keeping them locked up.
By guisar
Posts LikeBB LikeBB Avatar
They have been doing the same thing in Atlanta and probably every other city Bird has launched in. You can report this to Bird via the app but I'm not confident Bird does anything with this information. Probably the best thing to do is review the GPS location on google satellite view and stay away from Birds that appear to be in buildings. After you've been charging for awhile you'll figure out which homes do this and stay away from those areas.
By kawfey
Posts Avatar
If it's this obvious to me, then it should be pretty obvious to Bird.

This is an image - REGISTER or LOGIN to view.
By Spree1985
Posts Avatar
They need to do something. Why should I operate legit while others are hoarding birds and driving them up to $20? This will eventually destroy the charger community and lead to chargers turning on each other in the streets. Same thing with people keeping at their house to ride like a car.
By Rocksta87
Posts Avatar
Spree1985 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:50 pm
They need to do something. Why should I operate legit while others are hoarding birds and driving them up to $20? This will eventually destroy the charger community and lead to chargers turning on each other in the streets. Same thing with people keeping at their house to ride like a car.
I agree they should penalize them but they won't. Like Uber, Bird has decided a paying customer can do no wrong.

It's beyond me why they don't punish chargers who hoard though. It's extremely obvious. They probably have so much other stuff going on this is low on their priority list.
By Spree1985
Posts Avatar
Ive Been reporting these and following the proper protocol so hopefully something will happen. Come on Bird I know you guys have a community manager that follows this forum. They wont admit it but they do.
By Rocksta87
Posts Avatar
Bird put in the report feature so chargers would quite messaging help about it. They don't do anything with the information we report.
By Spree1985
Posts Avatar
They probaly have a small support staff that deals with all of chargers. I worked for a MAJOR VIDEO GAME RETAILER we had 20 customer service reps to take care of all the US customers and stores thats not even counting online sales and issues.
By WLA-Aaron
Posts Avatar
Yesterday at 8:30pm, I drove to an unusually dense cluster of Birds. Saw a thuggish looking fellow in a pickup already loaded with Birds, apparently waiting for 9pm to sweep the street for more and then to capture them in a bunch, later.

Yes it's getting competitive. I don't mind competition. I mind cheating.

System needs to change to not pay for Birds moved prior to capture through the app, which is typically unavailable until 9::05pm.

Easy enough to write code that tracks distance between last paid destination and the location of capture. Anything more than 50' differential gets a 10% payout.

I've also driven down alleys and there are clearly clusters being stored in garages. Indoor storage for more than 2 hours (there are buildings shown in the maps) should reduce the payout by 10% per hour. Dis-incentivize holding on to raise the bounty.

Or... simply reward riders for ending rides at curbside, not in garages or invisible to drivers from the street..
By Dan Diaz
Posts Avatar
Any sense that this issue is being taken up by Bird and Lime? I'm seeing early captures and hording in our city... if that is how the game is to be played then fine, but like others have shared, let's play by the rules. I like what WLA-Aaron is proposing, as a start.

Kinda wish I'd found it before I went to the a[…]

Whats so proprietary ? Is center pin off center[…]

I got a police auction bird es2 with the bird[…]

That's mine Used old GPS tracker holders from Li[…]