A Forum for Scooter Enthusiasts, Scooter Chargers, and Scooter Mechanics.

When it's not okay.
The charger map has always given me a headache with the numerous non existent scooters that aren't really there. I've dealt with this in the past by remembering which e-scooters aren't there and avoided them. Lately I've been wondering if this is causing me to miss out on some high dollar bounties. This has me wondering their is probably a better way to do this.

Here is an example of the Atlanta charger map and the majority of these scooters aren't there.

This is an image - REGISTER or LOGIN to view.
I have always marked them as missing in the app and they won't appear any more. This is time consuming especially if you take a few days off from capturing e-scooters. I'll spend time on my couch marking scooters that look out of place as missing then go out to capture.

You may want to take closer look at the map before determining a lot of shared e-scooters are missing. Several of the ones on your map are below $20. That means they sent a location signal within the past 48 hours and may still be there.

You're missing out on a big payday. This is an image - REGISTER or LOGIN to view.
You are right, there are several under $20 which is usually a good sign except the last GPS location is over a day old. It's a gamble if they are there or not and not one I'm up for taking.

I've been sticking to my mech account lately. It's a lot easier to find these.
My strategy is to remember where the fake e-scooters are and avoid them. They seem to always be in the same area for some reason.

Bird needs to fix the reliability of their GPS locators. It would make this whole charging thing a lot more enjoyable.

Whats so proprietary ? Is center pin off center[…]

UPDATE Dec 30, 2018 - If you like this topic […]

I got a police auction bird es2 with the bird[…]

That's mine Used old GPS tracker holders from Li[…]