A Forum for Scooter Enthusiasts, Scooter Chargers, and Scooter Mechanics.

Help, tips, technique, and frequently asked questions.
By guisar
Posts LikeBB LikeBB Avatar
On the mechanic side of the app you get the same information as the charger side. The only difference is the GPS icons look different, below is a screenshot. It would be awesome if Bird told the mechs what was reported wrong with the scooters but they don't. Lately 50% of the Birds I've captured for repair appear to have nothing wrong with them. Which is great for me but doesn't make sense for Bird.

When you mark a Bird as damaged in the app make sure it's marked as damaged in the "My Tasks" list. If that's done it'll appear on the mech side of the app. If the battery isn't charging or the brain (head unit) is dead you'll want to notate to support your case when you're not paid correctly and need support to fix.

To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.
By Tokensk8
Posts Avatar
I have been both a charger and am now a mechanic. I can defiantly confirm that she was pulling a fast one as chargers can only capture Birds that needs charging. Mechanics can only capture damaged birds or those requiring transport to storage.
Stay on your toes and be wary of every word/actions of anyone else. Definitely my favorite is when I catch obvious thieves in the act and they actually stop when I tell them to. Then the B.S. comes pouring out about how it: -this one doesn't work, so I was moving it.
-can you unlock this for me because I already paid and it locked up on me but I don't have a debit card (or someone else paid for me )
-I'm taking it to a friend that works for "the scooter company"
Etc...you get the picture.
Most of the people that see the plethora of Birds in my truck and claim I'm cheating, do not even work for bird. One guy two nights ago did this as he was riding an obviously stolen/modified -hacked bird claiming to be a charger but did not have the app on his phone.

Anyways, Merry Christmas all. Stay safe out there. To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.
By SKIPzophrenic
Posts Custom LikeBB LikeBB Avatar
100% guarantee you they appear on both maps sometimes. In DC you can see all the $5 birds popping up between 4-7am, they're all damaged but will let you capture them normally as a charger. I took advantage of this one day and released 6 damaged birds and then captured them all again a few mins later. It's silly. Don't do that you'll get flagged.
By druinthor
SKIPzophrenic wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:52 pm
100% guarantee you they appear on both maps sometimes. In DC you can see all the $5 birds popping up between 4-7am, they're all damaged but will let you capture them normally as a charger. I took advantage of this one day and released 6 damaged birds and then captured them all again a few mins later. It's silly. Don't do that you'll get flagged.
@SKIPzophrenic is right. I came across a $20 scooter that was really beat up. Since I have a Mech and Charger account I logged into the Mech side of the app and saw the same scooter available. Obviously I captured the $20 scooter as a charger since it required less work to get paid.
By SKIPzophrenic
Posts Custom LikeBB LikeBB Avatar
druinthor wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:31 pm

@SKIPzophrenic is right. I came across a $20 scooter that was really beat up. Since I have a Mech and Charger account I logged into the Mech side of the app and saw the same scooter available. Obviously I captured the $20 scooter as a charger since it required less work to get paid.

Damn dude you just made me realize I need to get a separate account for mechanic and then just jump work both sides at once.
By Ben J
TimothyVorce wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:56 pm
A battery charger with a fixed timer does not sound to great for maintaining the batteries at full charge. A good 3 stage charger will get you the max range and better battery life.
Sure if your chumpass scooter uses lead acid batteries.

The guaranteed way to get this working is to do wh[…]

Hey yall. My friend was too spooked to make h[…]

Converting Bird Es4 to PE

I have a bird es4 (the one with the external batte[…]

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32974041179.html?pid[…]