A Forum for Scooter Enthusiasts, Scooter Chargers, and Scooter Mechanics.

Help, tips, technique, and frequently asked questions.
By Kris607
Hi Bird Charger Community!

Just a quick question for the mechanics out there. This morning I saw a bird available for capture as a charger. Just as I was scanning it, a girl zoomed up beside me and said she was a mechanic and had to repair the bird. I said, “I just captured it” and she drove off all huffy.

I’m just curious....in your experience as a mechanic, do birds show up on both the mechanic and Charger side of the app? I know they shouldn’t, but then we all know the app routinely doesn’t function properly.

Basically, I’m wondering if she was lying and trying to trick me into letting her have the bird to charge or if she drove all the way there as a mechanic just to have me scoop it up right in front of her (which I know from experience, sucks).

The bird is currently charging and doesn’t appear to be damaged.
By druinthor
Posts LikeBB LikeBB Avatar
Sounds like she was trying to pull a fast one on you. I’ve picked up Birds before that say damaged once captured. I assumed these were available for mechanics too. I’m not a mechanic though so can’t confirm.
By FIXER
I'm a mechanic. I have never been a charger so I don't know if they show up on both the charger/mechanic side, but I can tell you that if you are able to capture the bird, you should capture it and not give it to anyone else.

If it is damaged, make sure that you report it on the app so the real mechanics can come out in the morning to grab them.

Also, mechanics can only capture birds between the hours of 7am-9pm, so if you are a charger picking these up at night and the lady claimed to be a mechanic, she is either lying to you or doesn't yet realize that she can't capture after 9pm.
By Kris607
Thanks for the responses. A guy on Reddit who has done both said he has rolled up on a bird being captured by a Charger before but didn’t try to stop him. He also said his friend who is a Charger has had birds that were available for charge on the Charger app show up on his mechanic app as well. So I guess some of them do show up for both chargers and mechanics. I was picking it up mid-morning, so she could’ve been truthful. I’ll never know. Some people will do anything to get the bird, lol.
By druinthor
I’m also a mechanic and before that was a charger. Bird won’t allow you to be a charger and mechanic so I can’t answer the question To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

My wife is signing up to be a charger and once that happens I should be able to figure this out. My guess, she’s a mechanic.
Hrdlywurkin liked this
By Hrdlywurkin
Posts Avatar
[usermention=76]@druinthor[/usermention]

Curious...are you both signed up now? One charging and one mechanic? How is that working out? Please let me know. Thanks!!!

I will apologize in advance, I will drive ALL of y'all nuts. You've been warned!!!
By druinthor
All signed up and working as a charger and mechanic. It's gone pretty well. I usually start off picking up Birds to fix as a mechanic then log into the charger account to fill up the rest of my vehicle. The biggest perk is dropping off a damaged Bird in the morning to have it immediately pop up on the mechanic app. I drop off Birds before work and don't have time to fix them on the street so they go back into my vehicle and come back home with me.

The biggest downside is how big of a pain Bird has made it to toggle between accounts. They require a link be clicked that is sent to your email. This makes switching accounts take a few minutes which is enough to be irritating. A second phone would solve this and I'm looking into that now.
By Asik
Posts Avatar
Bird told me that mechanics was a 40 hour per week job and I couldn't do both. Is your mechanic gig not 40 hours?
By Hrdlywurkin
Posts Avatar
I believe he is stating the same thing I want to do and that's have two of us in the house me and my husband one as a charger one as a mechanic...
By druinthor
Asik wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:58 pm
Bird told me that mechanics was a 40 hour per week job and I couldn't do both. Is your mechanic gig not 40 hours?
Bird has gone to hiring a fleet of full time mechanics through the staffing company Aerotek. I signed up as a mechanic before they started this in my market and they never kicked me out. To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.
I thought I saw the link somewhere on this site where you apply to e a Bird mechanic. I'll see if I can find it and if it's still working.
Hrdlywurkin wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:19 pm
I believe he is stating the same thing I want to do and that's have two of us in the house me and my husband one as a charger one as a mechanic...
Yep, you are correct. Trying to make as much as I can at this. To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.
Hrdlywurkin liked this

Hey yall. My friend was too spooked to make h[…]

Converting Bird Es4 to PE

I have a bird es4 (the one with the external batte[…]

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32974041179.html?pid[…]

I need help, I am from sweden my phone number cann[…]