Electric Scooter Forum for Scooter Enthusiasts, Scooter Chargers, and Scooter Mechanics.

Help, tips, technique, and frequently asked questions.
Hi guys,

I need help with ninebot es2 error 18.

I have had my ES for about 3 months (500 kms). and everything was going well with no signs of any issues when, one day last week, I switched it on to go home and the motor made a noise it had never made and the scooter refused to go faster than 8 km/h. I kept insisting and after a while, it went back to normal and worked fine. I switched it off while on the train and when I switched it on again, it did the same thing (gave me trouble but worked eventually). Now, it refuses to go back to normal. It works but makes a lot of noise and never goes past 8 km/h. In addition, an error code 18 flashes when I switch it on.

Any idea what the issue is? I'm reading that I probably need to replace to control board but I'm not prepared to do that if it means spending a lot of money. I'm tempted to sell it on eBay and take whatever money I can get to get a Xiaomi M365 (which is apparently much easier to maintain) instead. Am I reacting too rashly because there is an easy reasonably priced fix or is it best to cut my losses now?

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks JP
Where are all the M365 scoots?

too easy to hack consumer model that can't really […]

Shorted my REAL ES4 Dash .

Lyft feeds all 36V to it's dash on it's ES AND M36[…]

Anyone have oem ninebot Segway esc’s for sal[…]

Anyone have oem ninebot Segway esc’s for sal[…]