Electric Scooter Forum for Scooter Enthusiasts, Scooter Chargers, and Scooter Mechanics.

Fly with the flock
I have gained tons of good insights and a fair share of good reads from this forum, and felt compelled to share my story for anyone interested.
Starting back a few months ago a I had noticed a handful of bird, jump, and spin scooters appearing in my area and thought nothing of them tbh. Within a weeks time more and more were popping up and at the same time I had come across a few mangled units on the sidewalk near our business. There wasn't a day that passed afterwards where I didnt see one of the company scoots either torn to pieces or sections missing or completely smashed and bent. It piqued my interest, and I began collecting some of the remnants I ran across, and began to look into the whole rideshare scooter phenomenon(I actually had no previous knowledge of them beforehand).
For full disclosure, a couple sections I picked up actually had the gps units still attached and most parts had identifiable markings of a company and knowing what I know now, I may have inadvertantly committed a crime by doing what I had done. I am willing to take responsibilty if it comes down to it but in defense, I would like to say that I thought of them being just trash thrown on the street similar to finding a broken microwave or electronic component of some sort and there was nothing on any part that stated where or who to contact or return to if found. I'll stop there before I digress further.

After a leisure few months researching and tinkering and researching again, I am somewhat proud to report that I have been semi successful of completing a conversion/build of an es4 model from the assortment of parts collected. I say "semi" because I havent been able to(actually havent tried lol) remedy the annoying beeping when charging, and recieving an error 27 when trying to powerup by just pushing the dash once. Other than that, I can change the modes, turn on/off the lights, and it charges to 100% capacity as it reads out from the dash and the led check lights on the external battery. I will post a photo of it if I am able to.
I just want to give out a Big Thank You to all of those that took the time and effort to post experiences, tips and tricks and full on "how to" tutorials. Currently I am trying to get info on local police auctions that many have mentioned is the fully legit method of obtaining and converting the scooters, but tbh I can find specifics on other vehicles but I cant find specifics regarding the scoots and might have to end up going in blind to an auction and see if they show up. All in all its been a great experience for me and sparked the drive to pursue an old community project I had envisioned long ago and Im looking forward to those plans coming to fruition. All this from some junked scooter parts on the streets To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.
. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and wish me luck!! To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

To solve beeping when charging, just turn the scooter on first and press the throttle and brake to remove error 27, then plug in.
Scootydoo wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:33 pm
I have gained tons of good insights and a fair share of good reads from this forum, and felt compelled to share my story for anyone interested.
Starting back a few months ago a I had noticed a handful of bird, jump, and spin scooters appearing in my area and thought nothing of them tbh. Within a weeks time more and more were popping up and at the same time I had come across a few mangled units on the sidewalk near our business. There wasn't a day that passed afterwards where I didnt see one of the company scoots either torn to pieces or sections missing or completely smashed and bent. It piqued my interest, and I began collecting some of the remnants I ran across, and began to look into the whole rideshare scooter phenomenon(I actually had no previous knowledge of them beforehand).
For full disclosure, a couple sections I picked up actually had the gps units still attached and most parts had identifiable markings of a company and knowing what I know now, I may have inadvertantly committed a crime by doing what I had done. I am willing to take responsibilty if it comes down to it but in defense, I would like to say that I thought of them being just trash thrown on the street similar to finding a broken microwave or electronic component of some sort and there was nothing on any part that stated where or who to contact or return to if found. I'll stop there before I digress further.

After a leisure few months researching and tinkering and researching again, I am somewhat proud to report that I have been semi successful of completing a conversion/build of an es4 model from the assortment of parts collected. I say "semi" because I havent been able to(actually havent tried lol) remedy the annoying beeping when charging, and recieving an error 27 when trying to powerup by just pushing the dash once. Other than that, I can change the modes, turn on/off the lights, and it charges to 100% capacity as it reads out from the dash and the led check lights on the external battery. I will post a photo of it if I am able to.
I just want to give out a Big Thank You to all of those that took the time and effort to post experiences, tips and tricks and full on "how to" tutorials. Currently I am trying to get info on local police auctions that many have mentioned is the fully legit method of obtaining and converting the scooters, but tbh I can find specifics on other vehicles but I cant find specifics regarding the scoots and might have to end up going in blind to an auction and see if they show up. All in all its been a great experience for me and sparked the drive to pursue an old community project I had envisioned long ago and Im looking forward to those plans coming to fruition. All this from some junked scooter parts on the streets To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.
. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and wish me luck!! To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

Sc00tr wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:46 pm
To solve beeping when charging, just turn the scooter on first and press the throttle and brake to remove error 27, then plug in.
Scootydoo wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:33 pm

Thanks for the feedback! I had actually figured it out by accident attempting to reset the bluetooth(which I learned on this site) To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

Also found that just turning it on while depressing only the brake works like a charm and the beeping while charging has been "solved" by plugging in with the dashboard on instead of off To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.
that was immensely annoying the first couple days.

Also an update from the other day, I happen to walk upon what looks like an ESC but have no idea what its for because its not cylindrical like the share scooters. Its square and approx. 3" wide x 2" length x 1" depth and completely filled with some form of epoxy. Im going to try and figure it out and attempt to remove the epoxy without damaging whats inside. Wish me luck!

Sorry about that. Looks like I somehow added my post with your previous feedback or something. Here it is, I hope I did this right.

Thanks for the feedback! I had actually figured it out by accident attempting to reset the bluetooth(which I learned on this site) To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

Also found that just turning it on while depressing only the brake works like a charm and the beeping while charging has been "solved" by plugging in with the dashboard on instead of off To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.
that was immensely annoying the first couple days.

Also an update from the other day, I happen to walk upon what looks like an ESC but have no idea what its for because its not cylindrical like the share scooters. Its square and approx. 3" wide x 2" length x 1" depth and completely filled with some form of epoxy. Im going to try and figure it out and attempt to remove the epoxy without damaging whats inside. Wish me luck!
Sc00tr wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:49 pm
There doesn't seem to be any content in that reply you just posted?

Scootydoo wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:58 pm

Sc00tr wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:49 pm

Update: So I managed to dig out the circuit buried in the epoxy/silicone gel without causing any damage. After a brief study and research, I discovered its definitely a controller manufactured by a Chinese company named Nanjing Lishui Electronics Institute Co. But couldnt find an identical model from their list of offered products. Also found some interesting stuff for flashing/programming their controllers but had some issues on exactly how I can interface with it. Also on the board it appears to be printed as capable of 96V.
I had spliced the connectors and attached my es4 dash onto it and was able to get the led to flash and the dash to light up for a sec, but nothing more. I've set it on the shelf for the time being until I can figure out what exactly I need to figure out To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.
Hopefully the pics I will post can be of some interest for the tech savvy enthusiasts.
To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

What firmware is this tested on? I would assume[…]

Bird zero tire help

Just wanted to update here following my successful[…]

Just to post an update to this thread, I fou[…]

I would use XT60 connectors for one. And two, the […]