A Forum for Scooter Enthusiasts, Scooter Chargers, and Scooter Mechanics.

Fly with the flock.
This is an image - REGISTER or LOGIN to view.

January 4, 2019

Happy New Year! The Mechanic newsletter will fly fresh to your inbox every month and aims to provide you with important Bird updates, pro-tips, Mechanic spotlights, and more. We look forward to sharing them with you.

Repair of the Month

Bird Zero Brake Adjustment
Have you done a brake adjustment on a Bird Zero? Adjusting the brakes can help reduce drag while riding, which is important because drag can rob power from Bird Zero and cause the brakes to wear out faster.

The Bird Zero has two points of adjustment — the rear drum brake adjustment on the rear wheel and the free-play adjustment next to the brake lever. You’ll need a 14mm wrench, pliers, and a soft rag to do this repair.

Check out the step-by-step repair guide so you're prepared the next time you capture a Bird Zero for repair.

SEE THE REPAIR GUIDE

Repair Photos

Repair photos help us determine if repairs are made correctly so we can provide the best Rider experience possible. We actively monitor your Damage and Fixed photos to confirm the quality of your repairs. Next time you take photos, make sure to clearly show the damage in the ‘Damage’ photo and the repair in the ‘Fixed’ photo.

Here are some tips to help avoid some common photo blunders:

Perspective is important — get in close to show the actual repair. For example, if you repaired the kickstand then the photo should focus on the kickstand and not the full Bird.

Bad Perspective

Good Perspective

Photos should be clear and focused. Please retake if your photo is blurry.

Blurry Photo

Clear Photo

Use good lighting or flash when taking photos. If your photo is too dark, we can’t see the repair details.

Bad Lighting

Good Lighting (and perspective)

Finally, please include a Bird in your before and after photos. We see when you take a photo of something else and will reject the repair.

Mechanic Spotlight

Roberta A. — San Diego, CA

Roberta has been a Bird Mechanic since October 2018, and has completed about 500 repairs. Thanks for all your hard work, Roberta!

Bird: Do you have advice for other Mechanics?
Roberta: Have fun as as you do it, smile to others as you pick up and drop off, spread the Bird love!

Bird: What's your favorite part about being a Mechanic?
Roberta: We sometimes go Bird hunting as a family. Both my husband and I are Mechanics and my son really enjoys seeing us catch Birds while he catches his Pokémon on the go. We’re really grateful for the opportunity given by Bird to do what we enjoy and make some extra money. Thank you!

Can you share a link to the russian website? wa[…]

If this board dont work i will ask for a refund. E[…]

What exactly happened? I thought some othe[…]

@Hherbson @07Gevish https://i.imgur.com[…]