A Forum for Scooter Enthusiasts, Scooter Chargers, and Scooter Mechanics.

Fly with the flock.
This is an image - REGISTER or LOGIN to view.

Charger Newsletter
January 4, 2019

The Charger newsletter will fly fresh to your inbox every other week and aims to provide you with important Bird updates, pro-tips, Charger spotlights, and more. We look forward to sharing them with you.

Bird Updates

You’ll soon notice a new section in your app called Task Limit, which is a personalized number of how many Birds you can capture, charge, and release during one day. Your personal task limit will change based on your overall performance as a Charger.

A consistent and positive charging performance will increase your task limit. These positive behaviors include, but aren’t limited to:
  • Utilizing your power supplies by charging multiple times per week
  • Releasing all your Birds fully charged and on time
  • Ensuring Birds are released properly in Nests, with good photos taken
  • Keeping Birds in a safe, protected, and warm (>40°F) environment
It is possible for your task limit to decrease if you showcase negative charging performance or behaviors. By decreasing task limits for bad performance, we'll be able to give other Chargers more opportunities to capture and earn.

Captured Bird Speed
All captured Birds will soon have a maximum speed of 5 mph while they are in your task list. This is intentional Bird behavior, and should not be reported as damaged.

Cold Birds
When the temperature drops below 40°F, Birds have a safety feature to protect the battery until it warms up (similar to most cellphones). If it’s cold outside and you’re having trouble charging your captured Birds, try these tips to troubleshoot before messaging in to Help.
  • Move your captured Birds into a warm (>40°F), secure, indoor environment.
  • If it has been lightly raining or snowing outside, towel dry your Birds. But if your Bird was fully submerged in water at any point, please do not attempt to charge — report it to us through Help in the app.
  • Allow the Birds a few hours to warm up before plugging them in to charge. The warmer the environment, the faster to warm up.
If you suspect something else is causing the battery to not charge, please reach out through 'Help' in app.

Charger Spotlight

Joey and Brittany from Pacific Beach, CA

Brittany: I am surprise nominating Joey because he is too humble to do it himself and doesn’t give himself enough credit for all of the hard work he does as a Charger.

Being a full time musician and having this as his only other main source of income makes it most rewarding because he helps support his family and gives us the freedom to travel and not have to stress out about getting our bills paid.

Bird: Has charging changed your life in any way?
Brittany: Charging has definitely changed Joey’s life because it has shown us, along with many others, that you can work your hardest during hours YOU make and actually feel like you made a difference. So many people struggle to keep 9-5 jobs and just sit there hating their jobs every day. We actually LOVE what we do now!

Bird: What strategies do you use when capturing or charging?
Brittany: When capturing we like to start in the places no one else goes. Then as the night goes on we meander through the once busy spots and pick up any strays that may have been left behind. As far as charging...despite our one bedroom apartment size, we make it work! And lucky for us our cat Kiwi loves when we bring Birds home. She loves to play on them and clean them up!
ScooterTalk wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:34 am

Bird Updates

You’ll soon notice a new section in your app called Task Limit, which is a personalized number of how many Birds you can capture, charge, and release during one day. Your personal task limit will change based on your overall performance as a Charger.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Captured Bird Speed
All captured Birds will soon have a maximum speed of 5 mph while they are in your task list. This is intentional Bird behavior, and should not be reported as damaged.
Two major areas of bull shit! The captured speed thing really pisses me off.
I like the countdown on the reserved nests, it makes it easier to keep track while navigating to the nest. I have had a problem lately with nests spontaniously being unclaimed, not sure whats going on.

Has anyone been able to get any answer to questions that are not scripted. Is there a way to talk to someone about questions or concerns. It seems like no one reads my questions tey just use a canned scripted reply that most often does not address my question or concern.
Birdhouseinspect wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:38 pm
Has anyone been able to get any answer to questions that are not scripted. Is there a way to talk to someone about questions or concerns. It seems like no one reads my questions tey just use a canned scripted reply that most often does not address my question or concern.
I get the same thing. Only way I can get what seems like a real person to respond is to keep trying to have a conversation with the canned responses.

Can you share a link to the russian website? wa[…]

If this board dont work i will ask for a refund. E[…]

What exactly happened? I thought some othe[…]

@Hherbson @07Gevish https://i.imgur.com[…]