An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
This thread was a huge help for me, thought I share my results made ot of a dumped & broken scooter, took me some work but the results are aesthetically pleasing!
To view images REGISTER or LOGIN for full access.

uvegpohar wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:15 am
This thread was a huge help for me, thought I share my results made ot of a dumped & broken scooter, took me some work but the results are aesthetically pleasing!

Did you used the arduino method or complete controller replacement to unlock your scooter? Very nice look...

Risitas98 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:13 am
Did you used the arduino method or complete controller replacement to unlock your scooter? Very nice look...
Cheers mate! Yea I removed even the speedometer to have space fo the LM2596HVS module that powers the lights. The arduino method seemed nice, but since I had zero interest in looking at the speed while driving (I mean really, what does that even matter), I stripped the box away from a chinese controller and gave the thing an even bigger heatsink: the platform of the scooter! So it's neatly tucked inside, fortified with silicone and some loctite at the screws. From the outside you only see this much:

Teslaguy wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:48 pm
That looks awesome! How is the performance compared to an M365 or ES4?
Thanks! Well the surprise is that on flat surface it can reach 15.4km in distance, and also packs about 20% more power than the M365 when it comes to acceleration. Speed tops at about 28km/h, roughly. The only extra step I took with the controller was adding a little extra soldering tin to strenghten the lines at the back of the board.

BLE555 is not necessary anymore now that the e[…]

NEW BIRD ONE - MODEL 590

I have a replacement headlight for the Model 590 a[…]

Good evening, is it possible to just have the sc[…]

Lime cut 2,000 brand new LimeBikes in half

Based on Lime's questionable business practices,[…]