An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
By Ctr46
Hi!

Great info on this forum!

I haven’t had any luck finding a bird zero motor to upgrade my M365.

On eBay there are several listings for 350w motors for the M365.

Does anyone have any experience swapping out the stock motor for one of these?

I would really like some more power going uphill and maybe a little better top speed.

I have done the firmware upgrade and it helped a little but would really like some more power and speed.

Thanks for all inputs. As for replacement parts I live in Norway but will order internationally to get the necessary parts.
By 365GUY
That’s a 60v beast of a motor, it’s not something that would be plug and play on a stock 365.
You need a 36v motor unless you want to change mostly everything on the scooter.
That’s the same motor used on the Dualtron scooters that go 40-50 mph.
You could try swapping a ES motor on it and that may get you a little better power.
By mlinnelyst
365GUY wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:10 am
That’s a 60v beast of a motor, it’s not something that would be plug and play on a stock 365.
You need a 36v motor unless you want to change mostly everything on the scooter.
That’s the same motor used on the Dualtron scooters that go 40-50 mph.
You could try swapping a ES motor on it and that may get you a little better power.
Allright thanks for the info, guess i'll try to get my hands on a ES motor.
Just looked at your previous posts, where did you get your hands on a bird zero motor?
I'd love to find a place to buy one, but it's impossible for me to go to police auctions in the US since i live in Denmark.
By jimpearceuk
I've just ordered an Ebay 350w motor so I will report back on results, its due to be delivered on the 5th June.
By Ctr46
jimpearceuk wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 1:25 pm
I've just ordered an Ebay 350w motor so I will report back on results, its due to be delivered on the 5th June.
Cool! Looking forward to hearing your experience!
By LAskooter213
Just go dual motor. Then its basically plug and play. You just have to notch the back of the scooter to accept the motor and find a place to put your second battery. Aint hard. Do you have a donor scooter to provide the extra battery, motor and controller?
By nate_m
jimpearceuk wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 1:25 pm
So, what's the word. Any luck with having a little better power?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]