An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
By 365GUY
I just ordered a 36-48v 1000watt controller off amazon for $32, it will deliver in a few days.
I’m going to experiment with a zero just getting it to work with the aftermarket controller and go from there. If it works well then maybe I will build a dual motor zero with extended front and rear and figure out a way to use larger air tires and knobby tires on it. I really want something with big knobby tires that hauls *ss and has good suspension. I am working on a few different concepts with regard to a long travel fully suspended scooter. I was in the process of welding up a 4 motor go cart but I thought about it once I had everything cut and ready to weld up, what the f**k am I going to do with a big heavy wide *ss go cart ? It would be a pain to get through my front gate and I’m to old to be driving around in a go cart😂 so I scrapped that idea and might build a trike with 2 motors in the back and a large bike wheel up front.

Anyway thanks for your input on my 72v idea. I have to do more research and figure out how to get a big 72v battery together.
By TJSplash
I think that it is awesome of how similar our minds have processed what you can do with what's available. Let me know how the thousand watt controller goes! A battery spot welder is going to run you probably around 150 to $200, but think about all of the value of gives you because then you can just take battery packs and create your own higher voltage Mega batteries. Just make sure you are using batteries of the same composition and amperage
By 365GUY
Not yet.. but I got a controller with LCD screen yesterday and it’s pretty cool. You can do all sorts of stuff with it so I think it’s going to be a pretty solid option for a zero build.
By TJSplash
It's interesting that you would talk about using the bird zero frame lol. I was pondering that today and thinking of doing an extended back fork for that instead of the M365 chassis. I definitely want to have that shock in the front steering column, but it'd be interesting to see if I could do something for the back as well. Would you be able to send me a link to that controller that you ordered as well as the LCD display please?
By TJSplash
365GUY wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 3:09 pm
I just ordered a 36-48v 1000watt controller off amazon for $32, it will deliver in a few days.
I’m going to experiment with a zero just getting it to work with the aftermarket controller and go from there. If it works well then maybe I will build a dual motor zero with extended front and rear and figure out a way to use larger air tires and knobby tires on it. I really want something with big knobby tires that hauls *ss and has good suspension. I am working on a few different concepts with regard to a long travel fully suspended scooter. I was in the process of welding up a 4 motor go cart but I thought about it once I had everything cut and ready to weld up, what the f**k am I going to do with a big heavy wide *ss go cart ? It would be a pain to get through my front gate and I’m to old to be driving around in a go cart😂 so I scrapped that idea and might build a trike with 2 motors in the back and a large bike wheel up front.

Anyway thanks for your input on my 72v idea. I have to do more research and figure out how to get a big 72v battery together.
Can you link the controller?
By LAskooter213
NOW you guys are talking! This is the kind of sh*t I like to hear! SUPER MEGA DANGEROUS SPINE SNAPPING FAST!
Ok look...the electrical part is easy. You already know what to do! ....To make a 72 volt battery just wire 2 36v batteries in series, man. Its that easy. Might have to remove BMS(s) because it sounds like were going to be approaching amperage above the fuse capacity. Then youll need a 72 volt controller (easy to find) and a motor that will handle the load (also easy to find). Wire it all up exactly like youve done in the past with other motors and you are hauling serious f**king *ss.

The hard part is making it all fit onto a zero chassis. This is where the real engineering is going to take place.
Do you guys happen to have "Wheels" bikes out in the streets in your neck of the woods?
If you havent seen them before... PM me. I think I can save you a lot of man hours.

I cant believe you guys were having this conversation without me! Im a little offended!
Just playin.
But really...dont go fast without bringing your boy LA along wit cha! I live for bringing bad ideas to reality!
Looks like the 50 mph scooter is on the horizon. Im up-ing my medical insurance coverage. :shock:
By 365GUY
VGEBY Motor Brushless Controller,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G84YGJN?re ... b_ap_share

Here’s the 350 watt controller with lcd screen, there 65$ on prime but there was a used one I bought for 45$ on prime and had it in a day. Ali express has the same thing for 35$ I think but I hate waiting for shipping with a passion.

I also got a 1000 watt controller no screen for 30$ I think, it’s about 4x the size as the 350 watt.

The nice thing about the 350 is it’s tiny, you could fit 2 of them inside the zero frame if you want to run dual motors.

So I have been busy trying to get my mom mobile after she broke both her hips. I built her a 3 wheel scooter out of a zero frame but I decided it wasn’t safe enough for her and set out to find something she can’t hurt herself with. I bought two “ mobility scooters “ the first one is just your standard old person scooter with a big comfy chair and 2 lead acid deep cycle batteries running a DC brushed gear box rear end. I think top speed is around 6 mph. But it’s probably the safest thing she could be on. It’s got good area to put her feet without bending her leg in a uncomfortable position.

I also bought the thing in the picture, it’s called a ZooMe 3 and runs a 16” front wheel 350watt brushless hub motor powered by 36v lead acid batteries and a standard e-bike controller like the ones I just bought. Anyway these are on amazon for around 750$. I picked it up for $80 because the guy couldn’t get it to work. Well obviously the batteries were shot so instead of buying new lead acid heavy bitches, I wired up a zero battery and it works great. It goes about 17mph and isn’t to bad all around. I’m going to see if it works better for my mom when she’s out around the barn area taking care of our horses.

If she doesn’t want it I will sell it as a upgraded unit as the lithium ion battery packs for it are 700$. So that’s about a $1400 setup as it sits now. Still not terrible considering some of the mobility scooters are at least 2k and they still come with shitty lead batteries.

And LA , check out the link I posted from aliExpress earlier in this thread, I’m going to build a beast. That’s why I’m after a 72v setup
✌🏻

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]