An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By ndmccutcheon
Hi all,

I have a bird ES4 (with external battery) that I can’t seem to get working. I have an OEM dash that I’ve been using to re-flash the controller, but on this particular scooter it’s giving me error 10 (the connection between the dashboard and control board is “abnormal”). Has anyone else encountered this? Nothing appears to be physically damaged, and I can confirm this is a perfect dash.
By PLEE
Tried to flash anyway? ESdownG ?
it must have error because of gps module lost (not sure wich code, usually 32)
Last edited by PLEE on Thu May 23, 2019 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
By cuthbertx
I'm running into the exact same thing. Anyone happen to have any ideas of how to get around this? I assume the error is coming from the firmware or a config on the control board itself. I can find information on how to reflash a dashboard, but nothing on how to do it on a control board.

Any way to force a base firmware on the control board, or a way to reset this configuration looking for the gps signal? Or is this control board just garbage?
By ndmccutcheon
Roger Moore wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 6:50 pm
Hey guys, see if getting an OEM control board fixes the issue.
This would fix the issue, but I’m wondering if there’s anything that can be done to fix the bird board. Is it possible to maybe flash it with an ST-LINK as you can with the dashboard? Thanks for the suggestion though.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]