An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Changing the way we think about travel
druinthor wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:34 pm
I bet you can replace some components with M365 parts and get it working. Have you taken apart the brain yet to see how it differs from an original M365?
For the life of me, i CANNOT friggin figure out how to remove the dash! I've taken apart anything/everything remotely obvious- bars/neck, grips, screw under headlight, screw hidden under plastic plug behind button on top/rear of dash, brake lever...
When i start prying it up, it doesn't seem glued. It seems like there's another screw somewhere! Wtf??
Not really time sensitive, since the charger i ordered from fukin New Jersey is take TWO weeks to ship via FedEx 🤦‍♂️
Last edited by Tai The Guy on Sat May 18, 2019 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nevermind. I'm an idiot.
QR sticker was way thicker than i thought. Didn't feel screw holes under it. But of course, they're right there - clear as day
I'm guessing i could use something like this
https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Dashboard-B ... 0935.m2460
Pretty straightforward. The plugs under the heat shrink look similar.
The 6 pin motor plug is the only concerning part.
Hahaha, it’s always a sticker!

When I took apart the Bird scooter I bought for the first time I spent an hour trying to figure out how to get the brain off. Turns out there was a giant sticker on the top covering 6 screws. It was all down hill from there.
Alotta help this community has been! Jeez.
Got the new ninebot clone circuit/dash.
Unplugged all the battery cables.
All of the plugs i THOUGHT would fit, don't fit at all! And they're not all the same colors :cry:
The only thing that fits, is the motor controller. Which i thought wouldn't fit, since it has 2 extra holes.
Hopefully this ridiculous process helps someone some day.
The guaranteed way to get this working is to do what I recommend earlier in the thread (mentioned here), wire up an ebike controller.

I'm not sure why @druinthor suggested buying a M365 dashboard. This is not a M365. The controller in the base next to the battery looks nothing like a M365.

You're in uncharted territory here with figuring this out. No one has done it before so it's difficult for us to help. I'm definitely paying attention and rooting for you to figure it out.
humanbeing21 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 9:31 pm
The guaranteed way to get this working is to do what I recommend earlier in the thread (mentioned here), wire up an ebike controller.

I'm not sure why @druinthor suggested buying a M365 dashboard. This is not a M365. The controller in the base next to the battery looks nothing like a M365.

You're in uncharted territory here with figuring this out. No one has done it before so it's difficult for us to help. I'm definitely paying attention and rooting for you to figure it out.
Apparently that's what I'll have to do. Cuz i fried the circuit (soon as i hit the power button) trying to guess which wires go where.
I'm almost positive - there's gotta be SOME way to make a ninebot circuit board work with this thing. But I've scoured the internet, high & low for a wiring diagram, or schematics for it & found absolutely NOTHING. Found plenty of perfect diagrams for other scooters, and other dashboards.

Just not sure what those items do, that this scooter can't. It has a similar control unit. Same type of thumb throttle, just missing the display 🤔
Wasted a LOT of time frying this ninebot circuit :cry:
Tried soldering a new lil resistor where the old one burnt out. No clue if it'll work. Other than that. There MUST be a way to make this work. I mostly just tried to connect the same color wires together. But i found a picture, calling my red wire "ground"... & they're hooking up the black ground. & sure enough, the circuit board i have is labeled "G" on one side where the red wire comes out! Wtf?! The top side is black where it says "g". That makes sense. Very frustrating.
Gonna try this board again, knock on wood.
Guess I'll get new parts if this fails. I'm already $36 & like 5 hours into this damn thing

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]