An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By skiddit
Hi

I have a Bird ES4. Bought a new dashboard and replaced it but it's capped at 13mph. I tried updating the firmware using ESdownG but I get this error:
[4] sent retry.

I tried different phones, different firmware versions and then went to Ninebot Flasher on Win 10. Issue with that is that the scooter shows up on Bluetooth but won't connect no matter how many times I click connect.
The scooter works withe the Ninebot app but even then can't update the firmware. :/

Any help is appreciated
By DedX
whats the firmware version of the controller?
By Adriano1298
I need to know how to do this type of bluetooth (PC with Windows 10 with Bluetooth enabled for LE) I need to change the serial number and my notebook can not find my Scooters via bluetooth. :P
By ndmccutcheon
skiddit wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 4:21 pm
ndmccutcheon wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 3:53 am
You most likely have a knockoff dash. Does it display kmh and mph at the same time?
Yes
Yep, you’ve got a knockoff. They don’t support firmware flashing over bluetooth. Sorry :(
By skiddit
ndmccutcheon wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 4:59 pm
skiddit wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 4:21 pm
ndmccutcheon wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 3:53 am
You most likely have a knockoff dash. Does it display kmh and mph at the same time?
Yes
Yep, you’ve got a knockoff. They don’t support firmware flashing over bluetooth. Sorry :(
Thanks, I figured that much but didn't wanna face that reality lol. Ended up shipping the two I bought back and bought an OEM dash, more expensive but worth it considering my soldering skills suck so the StLink process went horribly. :lol: :lol:

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]