An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
jforum wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 5:11 am
MiBi wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 4:54 am
ImageTwo months ago I found a totally destroyed scooter on the dump. It was broken into 3 parts, the wires torn out and the batteries were discharged to zero. She must have been there for more than half a year. I decided to fix it and rebuild it. I discovered this forum and read everything that is listed here and went to work. I ordered a management unit at Aliexpres, found a man who welded my broken parts and worked them on a lathe and a milling machine. Yesterday I connected the scooter, put it into operation, added a speedometer from the bike and ran the first 20 km :-) I'll give you some photos, some tips for improvement and some questions :-)
(...)
Nice work! I have found one vandalized scooter too, but im still woriking on it.

Did the battery charge normally even with 0V?
I don't know if the charger works from 0 volts because I ordered it on Aliexperes and it took 3 weeks to come. So I took a transformer, rectified and a few resistors (10W) fed the battery 10mA and increased it in 3 days to 70mA and the battery recovered :-)
I switched the bluetooth panel and when I connect it in the app ninebot asks for that password. I already tried 000000 and 111111 of password error, does anyone know how to reset. is this password linked to the bluetooth panel or controller card?
summarizing the Scooters was to rent today after I switched only the bluetooth panel is working normally, just wanted to log in the app to modify the led colors.
Hello! I have SJ 2.5 I turned it on without a GPS module board. In order to turn it on, it is necessary to connect the red wire from the battery to the red charging wire going to the motor module. Or swap charging connectors. The scooter turns on the display lights up and shows the remaining battery and error 08E ~ Motor OT. The wheel is locked. All voltages also appear and can be programmed using the UART9600 protocol. I do not know how to program. If someone can, let's try to hack it completely. Here is a link to the page where you can purchase this module is not blocked.
http://en.santroll.com/Home/Index/produ ... id/39.html
air wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:04 pm
Hello! I have SJ 2.5 I turned it on without a GPS module board. In order to turn it on, it is necessary to connect the red wire from the battery to the red charging wire going to the motor module. Or swap charging connectors. The scooter turns on the display lights up and shows the remaining battery and error 08E ~ Motor OT. The wheel is locked. All voltages also appear and can be programmed using the UART9600 protocol. I do not know how to program. If someone can, let's try to hack it completely. Here is a link to the page where you can purchase this module is not blocked.
http://en.santroll.com/Home/Index/produ ... id/39.html
Probably because it sees the battery as an input charger, that's why you get a the motor output error. Controller uses stm32, and stm32 has a bootloader. You can initialize the bootloader by sending 0x7F through uart as described here https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource ... 264342.pdf, other than that, i can't help you
Thanks for the quick response. So we have the working controller. We have two interface wires. One goes to GPS and we don't need it on 36 volts. The second is five-wire and 4.5-5 volts on it - this is the UART. The question is... how to connect it to a computer on windows and how in which program to send the necessary commands .
fieldc0llapse wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 5:28 pm
Posting this because i believe many people don't know electronics and are confused. You can get original dashboards and replace them, be it lime tier bird or w/e, and make the scooter work again with the stock motor controller. But you can actually change the motor controller for much less (got mine for 20$), and the scooter will also work just fine, but you won't have battery display and speed on the dashboard, only your throttle and brakes, unless you buy another throttle like this which is a throttle with a battery display screen and a key ignition.

so with these parts
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/36-V-48- ... 4c4dIWqVWb
https://es.aliexpress.com/store/product ... st=ae803_4
it will work but without the screen infromation right?
sorry if i dont understood it well...
air wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:26 pm
Thanks for the quick response. So we have the working controller. We have two interface wires. One goes to GPS and we don't need it on 36 volts. The second is five-wire and 4.5-5 volts on it - this is the UART. The question is... how to connect it to a computer on windows and how in which program to send the necessary commands .
You need an stm32 blue pill board, connect the board with the controller, and write a program to read and respond with uart specific commands, good luck finding what the controller wants to hear through the uart tho.
Adriano1298 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:31 am
I switched the bluetooth panel and when I connect it in the app ninebot asks for that password. I already tried 000000 and 111111 of password error, does anyone know how to reset. is this password linked to the bluetooth panel or controller card?
summarizing the Scooters was to rent today after I switched only the bluetooth panel is working normally, just wanted to log in the app to modify the led colors.
You need to press both accelerator and brake, turn off the unit, after turning off and then back on the password will be cleared.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]