An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
ndmccutcheon wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 5:18 pm
You got a knockoff dashboard, this happened to me too. If the dashboard it came with is OEM, it’s possible to flash it back to normal so you can use it to flash custom firmware onto the controller.
Thank you for your answer, would you know where I can buy an OEM dashboard and not a knockoff (I do not know what it means)
Danlyn wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 4:58 pm
I'm sorry this probably is a really stupid question but what tool should you use to pull out the nuts & bolts from the lime scooter? Sorry again if this is stupid just getting started in all of this, any help at all is very much appreciated
Hello, do not worry there is no stupid question. You have to start somewhere. The screwdrivers needed to disassemble a lime is a Torx T30, T25 screwdriver
Stradonitz wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 5:45 pm
Thank you for your answer, would you know where I can buy an OEM dashboard and not a knockoff (I do not know what it means)
I’m sure there are other links to buy one, but I got mine from here:

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/MyweHu8

I can confirm it’s a genuine dashboard. OEM means original equipment manufacturer, and basically it just means it’s an original ninebot part and not a knockoff.
Posting this because i believe many people don't know electronics and are confused. You can get original dashboards and replace them, be it lime tier bird or w/e, and make the scooter work again with the stock motor controller. But you can actually change the motor controller for much less (got mine for 20$), and the scooter will also work just fine, but you won't have battery display and speed on the dashboard, only your throttle and brakes, unless you buy another throttle like this which is a throttle with a battery display screen and a key ignition.
fieldc0llapse wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 5:28 pm
Posting this because i believe many people don't know electronics and are confused. You can get original dashboards and replace them, be it lime tier bird or w/e, and make the scooter work again with the stock motor controller. But you can actually change the motor controller for much less (got mine for 20$), and the scooter will also work just fine, but you won't have battery display and speed on the dashboard, only your throttle and brakes, unless you buy another throttle like this which is a throttle with a battery display screen and a key ignition.
Thanks! So for my hive scooter, i just need a dashboard and flash it right? I can leave the controller from hive?
ndmccutcheon wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:04 pm
Stradonitz wrote:

I can confirm it’s a genuine dashboard. OEM means original equipment manufacturer, and basically it just means it’s an original ninebot part and not a knockoff.
Link is off, can you please send me?
VascoPC wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:46 pm
ndmccutcheon wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:04 pm
Stradonitz wrote:

Link is off, can you please send me?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3295012 ... 0782df5eb7
ImageTwo months ago I found a totally destroyed scooter on the dump. It was broken into 3 parts, the wires torn out and the batteries were discharged to zero. She must have been there for more than half a year. I decided to fix it and rebuild it. I discovered this forum and read everything that is listed here and went to work. I ordered a management unit at Aliexpres, found a man who welded my broken parts and worked them on a lathe and a milling machine. Yesterday I connected the scooter, put it into operation, added a speedometer from the bike and ran the first 20 km :-) I'll give you some photos, some tips for improvement and some questions :-)

Broken and welded part lathed on lathe
Speedometer for tachometer and magnet attached
In the last post I put some corrected scooter photos, but I still have 2 problems.

The first is that I plugged in the batteries separately so I can run on the main or backup baterie, but if it goes on the backup battery, the connector between the battery and the scooter gets hot and ruins. Does anyone know if the second additional battery directly powers the motor on the original scooter or recharges the original battery in the scooter?

The second problem is with the brake. Even if the control unit 2 has wires that are described as a brake, it will only disconnect the throttle when connected. Now I plan to build a contactor for motor braking, which reverses the winding and turns back on for braking time. Did somebody solve it here, or did someone get a brake on the control unit from Alliexperes? Thanks
MiBi wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 4:54 am
ImageTwo months ago I found a totally destroyed scooter on the dump. It was broken into 3 parts, the wires torn out and the batteries were discharged to zero. She must have been there for more than half a year. I decided to fix it and rebuild it. I discovered this forum and read everything that is listed here and went to work. I ordered a management unit at Aliexpres, found a man who welded my broken parts and worked them on a lathe and a milling machine. Yesterday I connected the scooter, put it into operation, added a speedometer from the bike and ran the first 20 km :-) I'll give you some photos, some tips for improvement and some questions :-)
(...)
Nice work! I have found one vandalized scooter too, but im still woriking on it.

Did the battery charge normally even with 0V?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]