An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Share your stories and adventures, good or bad.
So can someone tell me what button c
combinations do what? I've got the spin handlebars on a bird, One press turns it on, 2 presses turn on the headlight and a long.press turns it off. My question is how do I control the Disco lights on the footboard and how do I know which speed setting I'm in? Or will it just be just on/off and the headlight?
Picked up this Jump(?) scooter off of craigslist from a guy who said he got it from an auction in Dallas. I believe it was a Jump scooter because it had a "Use Uber app to unlock" sticker on it when I first got it. Anyway, the scooter turns on and rides, however like the above posts, the display only briefly flashes when the scooter is powered on, and I can't connect to bluetooth. One press of the button turns the headlight on, another turns it back off, and holding it turns the scooter off. I've taken the display unit out to confirm it does have onboard bluetooth and will post a picture below. My question is, what do I need to replace to get the bluetooth working? The display? The control board? Both? Help is much appreciated...

Geoff160 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 1:09 pm
Picked up this Jump(?) scooter off of craigslist from a guy who said he got it from an auction in Dallas. I believe it was a Jump scooter because it had a "Use Uber app to unlock" sticker on it when I first got it. Anyway, the scooter turns on and rides, however like the above posts, the display only briefly flashes when the scooter is powered on, and I can't connect to bluetooth. One press of the button turns the headlight on, another turns it back off, and holding it turns the scooter off. I've taken the display unit out to confirm it does have onboard bluetooth and will post a picture below. My question is, what do I need to replace to get the bluetooth working? The display? The control board? Both? Help is much appreciated...
Received my new display from Amazon and installed it... Everything works as it should, minus the few things mentioned in the posts above (no mode selection with power button, MPH/KPH constantly displayed). I am totally satisfied.

On a side note, I gave the two displays a look; there is no visible difference. I noticed that they both have a bluetooth module with a common microcontroller, an nRF51802... These are flashable with pretty commonplace tools. I'm going to look into pulling the firmware off the one that works and trying it on the original OEM display... If it's doable, it might save those with the OEM display and access to a JTAG programmer a couple bucks... Will post more later.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]