An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
No luck on using EsDownG to flash the Es2 Bird.

I’m working on different methods & even creating my own usb dongle to hardwire the control board to my computer.

Hopefully I’ll get some results.

Anyone have any fixes for Es2 Bird Master Control flashing? Or External Battery error 42 on installment?
Korijunia wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 3:08 am
No luck on using EsDownG to flash the Es2 Bird.

I’m working on different methods & even creating my own usb dongle to hardwire the control board to my computer.

Hopefully I’ll get some results.

Anyone have any fixes for Es2 Bird Master Control flashing? Or External Battery error 42 on installment?
use an original dashboard to flash

err42 - bad contact of the ext bat
I have a couple differnt ninebots es1 es2, es4
I just got my so called original Dash from aliexpress. From a link shared here
I tested it on all 3 scooters.. getting the same exact thing. Powers on then, Error 10, red wrench.
Seway app detects it but can not connect.

I must be missing something, Do i have to desconnect the main battery to resset the Bird control board
I been reading alot, that this was suppose to be a simple dash swap.

Thx for the help in adance
Hi nikkita. I am about to start converting an old bird ES1. I de that you have been successful. Did you just replace the dash abs that's it? Or did you replace both the board and the dash? Im having a hard time because most of the information on this site is in reference to lime scooters which are a bit different. I removed tube gps board and have taken the top end apart. I just need to know which parts to order. Do you have a link?
mandoSD49 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:14 am
I have a couple differnt ninebots es1 es2, es4
I just got my so called original Dash from aliexpress. From a link shared here
I tested it on all 3 scooters.. getting the same exact thing. Powers on then, Error 10, red wrench.
Seway app detects it but can not connect.

I must be missing something, Do i have to desconnect the main battery to resset the Bird control board
I been reading alot, that this was suppose to be a simple dash swap.

Thx for the help in adance
I have the exact same issue. Plugged in an OEM dash from ebay and powered it on. After a few seconds and a beep, I get a flashing red wrench and what I assume is error code 10. The displays swaps between a 0 and 10 and beeps at regular intervals. Is there some form of hard reset I can do?

I tried connecting to the scooter via EsDownG and am unable to flash because the scooter cannot be queried for its software version. It connects, and then can do nothing.
Hey guys, this is my 1st post since I joined the forum a few days ago. I recently bought a used ninebot Segway scooter from Facebook marketplace. Not knowing anything about this stuff and only using the bird scooters a few times, I wanted one for a daily commuter to work. I think it was a bird scooter at one time, it looks like someone painted over the bird decal. There are other things I've noticed too, double clicking will tien the headlight on and off that's all, only 1 ride mode, won't let me set a password, can't limit speed, no direct control over led lights on underside. I just got an original used external battery from ebay and now I'm worried I won't be able to use it! I don't know how to flash new firmware or if I can, I can only assume whoever had the scooter before me put a new display board in it at minimum but I don't really know much else! It's there a way I can restore it to a normal consumer version of firmware with FULL normal control? or is it still impossible to erase or overwrite birds Firmware? Please help, thanks
nsherman1985 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:04 am
Hey guys, this is my 1st post since I joined the forum a few days ago. I recently bought a used ninebot Segway scooter from Facebook marketplace. Not knowing anything about this stuff and only using the bird scooters a few times, I wanted one for a daily commuter to work. I think it was a bird scooter at one time, it looks like someone painted over the bird decal. There are other things I've noticed too, double clicking will tien the headlight on and off that's all, only 1 ride mode, won't let me set a password, can't limit speed, no direct control over led lights on underside. I just got an original used external battery from ebay and now I'm worried I won't be able to use it! I don't know how to flash new firmware or if I can, I can only assume whoever had the scooter before me put a new display board in it at minimum but I don't really know much else! It's there a way I can restore it to a normal consumer version of firmware with FULL normal control? or is it still impossible to erase or overwrite birds Firmware? Please help, thanks
Yes, you can do all those things. You see your dashboard is aftermarket and your control board has bird/shared firmware. They can be flashed. Or you can buy new ones, which is way easier.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]