An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
Okay here we go.. I bought a few different rental scooters from auction. A Spin NineBot, JUMP Ninebot, BIRD ninebot and Bird X365. I've noticed the Spin is unlocked. The dash and headlight is stuck on meaning it's unlocked to ride. So I REMOVED the sim card and gps module just to avoid any unwanted attention. So where do I go from here? I'd like to unlock one fully and make it a daily rider since that is why I bought them. The Jump and Spin are brand new so I'd like to work with one of them. They wont connect to bluetooth or anything and I'm new to this so whats the easiest way to go? If i try to unplug their boxes then I get a 35 error code with a wrench symbol and it keeps beeping. If possible I'd love to have the bluetooth working and have all the functions of the normal scooters. What is the cheapest and best way to go about it? (Sidenote, I'm in Baltimore,Maryland and if anyone can make these changes for a small fee I'd glad pay it..)
Homeboy_ohmboy wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:35 pm
Okay here we go.. I bought a few different rental scooters from auction. A Spin NineBot, JUMP Ninebot, BIRD ninebot and Bird X365. I've noticed the Spin is unlocked. The dash and headlight is stuck on meaning it's unlocked to ride. So I REMOVED the sim card and gps module just to avoid any unwanted attention. So where do I go from here? I'd like to unlock one fully and make it a daily rider since that is why I bought them. The Jump and Spin are brand new so I'd like to work with one of them. They wont connect to bluetooth or anything and I'm new to this so whats the easiest way to go? If i try to unplug their boxes then I get a 35 error code with a wrench symbol and it keeps beeping. If possible I'd love to have the bluetooth working and have all the functions of the normal scooters. What is the cheapest and best way to go about it? (Sidenote, I'm in Baltimore,Maryland and if anyone can make these changes for a small fee I'd glad pay it..)

Spin is different than the rest, the dashboards are unlocked, what it needs is the control board to receive a signal to unlock the ride. They did the opposite that lime and bird do ( they have an unlocked control board and a locked dashboard). This prevents you from just putting a clean dash and runing the spin.

Get the spin dashboard and put it on the bird, it should work

Otherwise, just switch the control boards of the spin and bird and your ride will work (only without showing the spedometer)
FYI: easy way is to just swap the handlebars from your spin to your bird. You will need a set of security torx bits ( Home Depot sells a set by the Allen wrenches)
But as he said, it will turn on and you can ride it, but the dash will be blank.
If you want it to connect to BT and have the dash work you will need to swap out the dash, you can order one off amazon for $40.
It’s not very difficult to change the dash but if your not very mechanically inclined you may want someone else to handle it for you.

Can you let us know what you paid for the scooters at auction?
birdscooter1234 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 7:49 am
Roan14 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 10:53 pm
birdscooter1234 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 3:04 pm
I'm in maryland, can you give me any direction on where you bought the scooters? A website or anything?

At the Baltimore City impound lot on Pulaski Hey

I’d would recommend finding one locally
He's in baltimore, I was asking for a local recommendation as to what auction he got his at.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]