An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Micro mobility projects built using electric scooter components.
Yes, I am happy to do a custom scooter for you. I can take custom orders or come up with my own design based on a few of your parameters. I will send you a sketch prior to starting work to ensure you like the design. The work can go from mild to wild as I can use exotic effects like color changing pearl paint, kandy paint, metal flake, etc. I can also pinstripe and do life-like airbrushing. I can recreate any logo or design with near perfect accuracy. On top of that, I can stylize your scooter by adding things like aftermarket handlebar grips, faux wood deck cover, colored grip tape, colored brake cable sleeve, led lighting under the scooter etc. And performance mods like adding extra batteries, over-volting, 10" tires...all that is available too. I prefer to only work on M365 scooters, as they have the most large flat surfaces to work with and turn out the best.
Thing is, I dont sell scooters really. I sell customization. Most of what you see in my posts are scooters Im doing for other people. I would either need you get your scooter to me or we could do an exchange sort of thing where I paint one of mine for you and you bring me your (undamaged, good condition) scooter and we exchange them, plus the painting fee.
And, most importantly, Im professional and legit. Ive been doing custom paint for many years now on cars, trucks, bicycles, motorcycles, scooters...just about anything people want painted. All of my work is top notch, all done with the highest quality automotive grade paints and materials for excellent durability and amazing visual results. I am happy to provide a written estimate and work order for any work you want done. I have excellent references available upon request. Im located in Mid- City /Downtown Los Angeles.
I do require a down payment to start work, and turn around time is typically a week or two, depending on the complexity of what you want done. Pricing ranges from $175 for a good quality basic job to $1000+ for complex, show quality multi-stage paint job and upgrades. Its not cheap, and that's actually a good thing. Because cheap paint jobs look cheap. If you want something that you can be proud of that will get noticed and respected by all who lay eyes on it, hit me up. Youll be happy you did. I am yet to have a customer that wasnt thrilled with what they received and these scooters look GOOD when they're done right.
So, yeah, thats whats up. Hit me up if youre interested. If youre in LA, lets meet up. Ill show you some examples of stuff Im working. Photos do the paintwork no justice. See it under the sun and youll be blown away. So thanks for the inquiry. Hope to hear from you soon.
No fancy equipment here.
I call this scooter "OMWTFYB"
Sanded original paint with 80grit. Then with 150. Then 300. Used primer based rattle cans then applied some gloss. After gloss dried i wet sanded with 1500 and 3000 grit. Paint feels smooth as glass. Used heat shrink on cables. Plastidipped the red grommets. Trick to get to stick to rubber is use spray glue let dry for 15 seconds or so, then do base layer of plastidip.that way it doesnt peel off when you put the rubber groment on. Drill out holes on groment to allow for larger diameter cable since heat shrinked cables add thickness . its not a quick process, but done with paitience and no rushing, you can paint your scooter for less than $30. More colors adds more price. I used two cans of gloss. Total of 7 cans including the 5 colors. $4 per can. Heat shrink was $2 for 3 feet. Sand paper was about $12 with the variety pack. I also had sandpaper from left over projects. Grip tape was $9 from Amazon.but they have cheaper ones. Or just go with no grip. My everyday scooter I ride a slick deck and have no issues. I only bring this thing out every once and a while. Those painted ones by that guy in LA look bad *ss. Think i might want to invest some paint equipment. Spraypaint works. But the qaulity of paint and colors is no where near the professional sh*t. Just posting this for general ideas to share. Vans shoe company made me matching shoes as well.... Get on my level..

Bird_of_prey wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:31 pm
No fancy equipment here.
I call this scooter "OMWTFYB"
Sanded original paint with 80grit. Then with 150. Then 300. Used primer based rattle cans then applied some gloss. After gloss dried i wet sanded with 1500 and 3000 grit. Paint feels smooth as glass. Used heat shrink on cables. Plastidipped the red grommets. Trick to get to stick to rubber is use spray glue let dry for 15 seconds or so, then do base layer of plastidip.that way it doesnt peel off when you put the rubber groment on. Drill out holes on groment to allow for larger diameter cable since heat shrinked cables add thickness . its not a quick process, but done with paitience and no rushing, you can paint your scooter for less than $30. More colors adds more price. I used two cans of gloss. Total of 7 cans including the 5 colors. $4 per can. Heat shrink was $2 for 3 feet. Sand paper was about $12 with the variety pack. I also had sandpaper from left over projects. Grip tape was $9 from Amazon.but they have cheaper ones. Or just go with no grip. My everyday scooter I ride a slick deck and have no issues. I only bring this thing out every once and a while. Those painted ones by that guy in LA look bad *ss. Think i might want to invest some paint equipment. Spraypaint works. But the qaulity of paint and colors is no where near the professional sh*t. Just posting this for general ideas to share. Vans shoe company made me matching shoes as well.... Get on my level..

The shoe picture is awesome! Too cool!
Damn. You did a nice job on that scooter man! It looks like you really took your time and that's rare to see these days. And that picture with the matching shoes is f**king awesome. Nice work!
One little tip I have for you is to buy a can of 2k Clearcoat. A company called spraymax makes a good one. The paint is 2 part (paint and catalyst) and the can has a little reservoir inside of it that you pop open when youre ready to paint. Once you pop it the can is only good for another 48 hours because the paint will begin to solidify. The advantage of using 2k clear is that it is much much harder and more durable and way more scratch resistant than regular spray paint out of a can. Plus, just having a coat of clear paint over your existing paint adds that extra layer of protection to your paintjob. Plus it adds depth to the paint and has much better gloss than regular spray paint (semi gloss available too if you prefer). The tips on the can are of higher quality too, providing better atomization of the paint and thus a smoother overall finish. The can is about $20 on amazon but i would say its worth it, because it looks like you spent a lot of time of that scooter. And be sure to use a mask or at least hold your breath when you spray. The chemicals in the catalyst are very very bad for your lungs. More so than normal paint.
Again, nice job man. sh*t looks really professional and nice.
10 inch tires, larger break disk, painted black, and a dashboard.

Love the m365.

Looking to go dual motor and built my own battery with a deck extension. Since I have a bit of extra space with the tires higher ride height.

Took a pretty nasty fall and hurt my wrist pretty badly. Haven’t been riding for a week and I’m missing it :x
By Scootergurl
So my question is how did you get the bottom with the folding ability??? I can’t find it anywhere?
Colburn wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:40 pm
boingo wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:45 am

This one works with eBay 36v 350w controller so far so good the small size allows to be placed inside the tube, the LCD allows to change speeds/gears, the brake also works but not very strong, it allows to turn on/off the led light, the battery charge discharge is working in parallel with separated circuit charging from original charge port on the external battery, LCD as zero start option.
Nice set up, is this a bird with a JUMP external battery ?
By LAskooter213
Scootergurl wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 1:38 am
So my question is how did you get the bottom with the folding ability??? I can’t find it anywhere?
Colburn wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:40 pm
boingo wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:45 am

This one works with eBay 36v 350w controller so far so good the small size allows to be placed inside the tube, the LCD allows to change speeds/gears, the brake also works but not very strong, it allows to turn on/off the led light, the battery charge discharge is working in parallel with separated circuit charging from original charge port on the external battery, LCD as zero start option.
Nice set up, is this a bird with a JUMP external battery ?

The folding mechanism is on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Foldi ... 2481601452
SENS_DEP wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:03 pm
10 inch tires, larger break disk, painted black, and a dashboard.
Took a pretty nasty fall and hurt my wrist pretty badly. Haven’t been riding for a week and I’m missing it :x
Man, I fractured both of my wrists earlier this week by riding into a 2" pothole slowly! I wish I had 10" wheels, it wouln't have happened.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]