An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
By Pez
How do you downgrade MI firmware DRV500 on a M365 with the downG app ? When I go to flash it says(encoded file needed) BMS ver:10201 /BLE ver 10201 ...what encoded file do I need ? In the past I flashed other M365s and never ran into this issue
By JPR
Would love to know aswell wanna bumb this guy up to the 30mph it can do
By Scoot_Scoot
The dashboard you purchased is counterfeit and reports incorrect info to m365downG. If you try to flash a custom firmware with M365DownG it will fail at 4%. It is perfectly safe to try, just don’t expect it will succeed. To find out your actual firmware version use the android app M365tools (I think the app has Perenti in the name). M365tools should be able to use your circuitboard to read the firmware version. You will need to buy or borrow either an original dashboard or a clone that allows you to flash new firmware, which is easier said tha done. The only clones that I have seen work do not say ninebot on them. I have 7 that say ninebot and 5 of them were supposed to be OEM, but weren’t. You can tell an OEM from a clone from the font used in the ninebot branding. It looks like a generic font on the counterfeit boards and resembles Ninebot’s branding on original OEM dashboards. Beware, many sellers use pics of OEM boards but ship counterfeit ones. You can still use the dashboard you bought after flashing. Flashing only takes a minute or so. It is easiest if you just swap the entire handlebar assembly rather than removing the circuitboard just to flash.

Good luck
By Pez
Do you have a photo of the OEM board . This really sucks the boards I’m getting are not working and I have 5 of these motherfu@kers
By Pez
I have one more question . So your saying I can flash firmware on a scooter with the one board that is OEM ..which I have done successfully and flash all the others with that board. Then I can put that hunk of sh*t board and handle bars back on scooter and I’m Golden . And all the scooters are flashed with DownG from the OEM dash board . So what we are flashing is the controller next to battery .. correct 💯🛴
By Scoot_Scoot
Pez wrote:I have one more question . So your saying I can flash firmware on a scooter with the one board that is OEM ..which I have done successfully and flash all the others with that board. Then I can put that hunk of sh*t board and handle bars back on scooter and I’m Golden . And all the scooters are flashed with DownG from the OEM dash board . So what we are flashing is the controller next to battery .. correct 💯🛴
Yes, exactly. The scooters firmware is written to the controller, not the dashboard. Except for the ability to flash and compatibility with specific apps, the clones work just fine with modified firmware and you can use one OEM dashboard to flash them all.
By Scoot_Scoot
Pez wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:21 am
Do you have a photo of the OEM board . This really sucks the boards I’m getting are not working and I have 5 of these motherfu@kers
OEM:

Clone:

Pay attention to the letters that spell ninebot. Some sellers (such as banggood) post pics of OEM parts and ship clones). I just bought another circuitboard that should arrive in a few days that claims to be OEM from eBay. If it turns out to be legit, I will post the sellers info. Shipping is only supposed to take a few days.
By Pez
Thanks so much for the great info on firmware & on the dashboards and OEM photos .. Thank you ...Your making a difference with all your knowledge 💯
By dew912
Would love to know as well. I purchased a scooter with the same non-OEM board and I can't flash various firmwares
By mtbizzle
Scoot_Scoot wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:21 pm
Pez wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:21 am
OEM:

Clone:

Pay attention to the letters that spell ninebot. Some sellers (such as banggood) post pics of OEM parts and ship clones). I just bought another circuitboard that should arrive in a few days that claims to be OEM from eBay. If it turns out to be legit, I will post the sellers info. Shipping is only supposed to take a few days.
Hey Amigo... Did the seller send you an OEM chip? After a lot of research, I figured out that a guy sold an m365 with a clone chip. Thing only goes 9mph even though the batteries are fine. Huge pain... Looking for a replacement chip...

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]