An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By buçaco
James007 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:41 pm
buçaco wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:52 am
James007 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:45 pm

Usually you need both. Preferably with genuine parts.
But on the m365 you only needed the display right?
Yep, and if you get a genuine dashboard you can update the firmware and flash custom firmware.
So, for the m365 only the dash is needed, and for ninebot both parts are?
Is there any way to reuse any of those two?
By Igor Franco
Fala pessoal blz, alguém sabe me dizer como fazer para reiniciar o código bluetooth com um hard reset, pois no app da Segway eu tento 000000 ou 111111 mas sem sucesso de conexão !!!
Obrigado, bom hack a tds!!
By Igor Franco
Fala pessoal blz, por favor alguém pode indicar algum vídeo explicativo sobre
como realizar esse hard reset de bluetooth ?

(Acelerar tudo a dizer, freio todos, aperte o botão de energia?)

?????
Last edited by Igor Franco on Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Yucky1
MarcusRab wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:50 am
I had a couple notes regarding the process..

Disassembling the bird-brain isn't necessary to complete this process. You can if you want to, but for the quickest bird --> personal recovery.. removing the 4 side screws holding the handebar together (see pics) and then removing the brain, in tact, then replacing with the linked dashboard is the quickest method, that i've found.

These are the screws that you need to remove to disconnect the handlebars..

Once the handlebars are disconnected, you can unscrew the cover plate screws, disconnect the headlight, then remove the other 2 screws holding the bird brain \ dashboard in place.

From there you can install your own dash and go on your way!!

Other side note, I've found that sometimes you are asked to do a firmware upgrade when you connect to the bluetooth... In my experience .. the firmware update limits the speed of the es2\es4 to 12\13 MPH... However, NOT upgrading does not allow for the scooter to be turned off via the power button nor does it allow for any function of the headlight.

Typically, you can click the power button once and the headlight comes on, click it again and the headlight turns off.. I may be wrong and my experience may be isolated, but I just experienced this by not upgrading the firmware.. The scooter is just permanently ON, with the flashing lights below the deck and the power button essentially does nothing. You cant control the headlight or turn the scooter off. On my other scooter, I did the upgrade and holding the power button in turns the scooter off.. tapping the power button once turns the headlight on or off, but limits the speed to 12\13mph.

Just my 2 cents!

Thanks so so much to @humanbeing21 for the original hack and for getting this all started!! ALL praise goes to him!!

Thanks all.
@MarcusRab
Do you know what size security screw is needed to remove the handlebars? And what size are the cover plate screws? And the size of the screws holding the bird brain/dashboard in place?
Thanks!!!
By str3zz
I acquired lyft es4 scooter and it blew up my dashboard on first try. I looked all the pages and not once I can find the reason for it. If I miss something then I apologize.

Is the control board from lyft need to be replace completely or can be alter.

I took a picture of the control board from lyft and bird and the only thing I can see different is the cable that connect to dashboard is in different location from the mother board and also different color with different pin connection.

Let me know if anyone know to alter lyft control board or should I just buy new one
By SzinNapalm
Hey I found out that you can use the segway app to capture scooters from bird they must have been to busy making money to think about that security protocol haha, and can I get a line on the firmware I fix electronics maybe I can get everything working but I just need software help I will have a video on what I do with the scooters for this forum via google drive direct so just for you guys here yeah thanks :idea:
SzinNapalm
NapalmbatsnatioN
By James007
str3zz wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:57 pm
I acquired lyft es4 scooter and it blew up my dashboard on first try. I looked all the pages and not once I can find the reason for it. If I miss something then I apologize.

Is the control board from lyft need to be replace completely or can be alter.

I took a picture of the control board from lyft and bird and the only thing I can see different is the cable that connect to dashboard is in different location from the mother board and also different color with different pin connection.

Let me know if anyone know to alter lyft control board or should I just buy new one
Looks like you didn't see the warning. That Lift controller supplies more juice to drive the Lift brain. So you'll need a new controller and dash to make it work. Also check that the Lift external battery is working properly and no error codes.
By MikeManson
James007 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:01 pm
Looks like you didn't see the warning. That Lift controller supplies more juice to drive the Lift brain. So you'll need a new controller and dash to make it work. Also check that the Lift external battery is working properly and no error codes.
what for a sh*t u're talking here! you don't need a new controller. a new dash - yes, if you can not flash it over st link.
but a new controller? lol
just take the old one, flash it over ble, and connect the cable to other soldering pins, where the cable from bird is.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]