An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
mkost wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:19 am
Hello,
normally you should only have to change the dashboard (tried on 3 differents M365).

I had issue with trottle for one (scooter does not accelerate) and the dashboard was the source of issue. Changing it solved the problem.

Did you try to swap to the left to unlock M365 when you are on main mi home screen ?
Thanks for your time to reply me.
Yes indeed, I tried to swipe to the left, and nothing happened, it's also said that I had to wait 3 hours in order to unlock it. I waited more than 3 hours...
dorcia wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:35 am
mkost wrote:
Hello,
normally you should only have to change the dashboard (tried on 3 differents M365).

I had issue with trottle for one (scooter does not accelerate) and the dashboard was the source of issue. Changing it solved the problem.

Did you try to swap to the left to unlock M365 when you are on main mi home screen ?
Yes indeed, I tried to swipe to the left, and nothing happened, it's also said that I had to wait 3 hours in order to unlock it. I waited more than 3 hours...
I have a spare Lime front wheel. I read a thread where a guy used a Zero Bird front wheel on a m365 with success. Is is possible to do it with a Lime one ?
This Error is due to fake dashboard. I had the same. Buy original one and everything will work
dorcia wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:09 am
James007 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:31 pm
dorcia wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:29 am
HI everybody !
I've read all this thread and I can't find a solution to my problem as follow :
I have a M365 with a new fake electric board. It connects to the Mi Home app. but the second page of the app. shows a lock and -> engine is locked (my translation for "le moteur est vérouillé" - yes i'm french) and the M365 do not move.

Is there a way to remove the lock in order to use the M365 ? I tried to unplug the battery, used other apps, M365Plus, Fireplus DarknessBot, Segway-Ninebot. All these apps either do not have the unlock feature or and not compatibles. My phone is iOS and I can not use Android App M365_freebox (I tried it from a friend - but the FW was not the right one.)
Voila ! Any hints to removed this lock ?
Thanks in advance.
Whats an electric board? circuit board? control board? controller, dashboard? The lock is in the motor controller.
Thanks for your reply.
I changed the dashboard like that one :
If the lock is in the motor controller, is there anyway to remove it ? Does fw change can help ?

Thanks in advance for your help & reply.

EDIT : I tried the M365_downG app.
It connected to the scoot and check ver indicated BMS ver:-10201 BLE (same) DRV ver:500 encoded file needed!!!
I dl a fw from botox 1.40 and also 1.38 (2 firmwares in each zip: 1 firm.bin, the other firm.bin.enc (encoded) )
after 0%, 1% result is : cancelled due to retry
Is there something wrong I did ?
dorcia wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:05 am
dorcia wrote:
mkost wrote:
Hello,

I have a spare Lime front wheel. I read a thread where a guy used a Zero Bird front wheel on a m365 with success. Is is possible to do it with a Lime one ?
Did you try m365 tool app, it has the option to unlock. If after 3 hours it didn't unlock and an original dashboard hasn't unlocked it, then it just plain weird. You may have to make a video and show us the problem. I've worked with bird, lfyt, lime, no problems. Never locked. with counterfeit and original dashboards. No problems, other than no firmware updates with counterfeit dashes.
James007 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:23 am
dorcia wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:05 am
dorcia wrote:

Did you try m365 tool app, it has the option to unlock. If after 3 hours it didn't unlock and an original dashboard hasn't unlocked it, then it just plain weird. You may have to make a video and show us the problem. I've worked with bird, lfyt, lime, no problems. Never locked. with counterfeit and original dashboards. No problems, other than no firmware updates with counterfeit dashes.
Hi, and thanks for your reply.
I did indeed tried the Mi Home app (quote "I have a M365 with a new fake electric board. It connects to the Mi Home app. but the second page of the app. shows a lock and -> engine is locked (my translation for "le moteur est vérouillé" - yes i'm french) and the M365 do not move.") After 3 hours nothing happened. (The Mi Home apps still indicated the engine as locked.)
After removing the battery for 30mn, and resetting it (with the small button near the blue blinking light in the battery) the M365 finally reacted.
And now the M365 is unlocked, and that's the most important ! Although it's still locked on the Mi Home app, and it's not possible to change its FW though botox ( It is 5.0.0)
Thanks for your help especially Mkost.
Style111 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:35 am
This Error is due to fake dashboard. I had the same. Buy original one and everything will work
dorcia wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:09 am
James007 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:31 pm

Whats an electric board? circuit board? control board? controller, dashboard? The lock is in the motor controller.
Thanks for your reply.
I changed the dashboard like that one :
If the lock is in the motor controller, is there anyway to remove it ? Does fw change can help ?

Thanks in advance for your help & reply.

EDIT : I tried the M365_downG app.
It connected to the scoot and check ver indicated BMS ver:-10201 BLE (same) DRV ver:500 encoded file needed!!!
I dl a fw from botox 1.40 and also 1.38 (2 firmwares in each zip: 1 firm.bin, the other firm.bin.enc (encoded) )
after 0%, 1% result is : cancelled due to retry
Is there something wrong I did ?
Thanks for your reply, now the M365 is OK, although it's a fake dashboard.
any reason why i can't use my headlight while riding the scooter at the same time? turn the headlight on while in motion and the motor shuts off. turn it on while stationary, and it won't run, the rear light flashes.
i am using a fake board, blue (ninebot logo isn't like the real one). The mi home app does recognize and i have full app function. i think it is flashed with the real board FW. thanks
Scoot_Scoot wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:13 pm
jeffchang wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:51 am
hey, I'm seeing a lot of fake boards on eBay and having trouble finding a real one, does anyone have a link to a successful real board theyve ordered ? thanks
I have purchased 7 fakes and I just received what appears to be a legit xiaomi part, a dashboard cover, troubleshooting instructions, and a special warning and instructions about how not to blow up your circuitboard when installing on a former Lyft scooter. This seller was thoughtful enough to include 3 screws, which you otherwise might have not realized you needed until installing it. Finding those screws would be relatively difficult. Shipping took 3 days from California to DC. The same seller also carries clone boards for a little less, but warns the clone boards cannot be used to flash firmware. They also sell both a real xiaomi folding pole as a generic version that includes all the parts I just learned I needed after purchasing from banggood. I will update later today, possibly in a separate post, with pics and info about where you can purchase it once I verify it works and can flash firmware. :D
Do you still have a link for this? I've been searching for a working one and I can't find anything.
Thanks!!!
Last edited by Yucky1 on Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Yucky1
humanbeing21 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:48 pm
You'll want to buy a specialty screw driver set from Amazon and the one I bought is linked below. This is used to take the Bird brain apart which has a T6 screw.

Amazon: ORIA Screwdriver Set, Magnetic Driver Kit, Professional Repair Tool Kit

Also grab a hex set if you don't already have one.

Amazon: Tekton Hex Key Wrench Set

The eBay seller only includes the Xaiomi hardware, no tools are included.
Hey @humanbeing21

Do you know what size hex key you need to remove the collar and take the shaft off of the bird?
Also, once you do that, are there wires in the shaft that you have to reroute?
Can you just fold the scooter in half by removing the collar, or would you need to disconnect some wires or something else? Need to store my scooter in a locker during the work day and i want to be able to ride it to work still while i wait for the folding mechanism to arrive.
Thanks in advance!!
Last edited by Yucky1 on Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
humanbeing21 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:47 pm
Got around to installing the folding neck today. It was pretty straight forward.

What I learned from doing this:
  • If performing this mod on a former Bird scooter you'll need to drill out the rivet at the base of the neck.
  • Reuse two of the collar screws to hold on the folding neck.
  • You'll need a new set screw to help secure the folding neck. Haven't figured out the size yet and works without.
  • Be careful taking out the center bolt to keep the wheel in place.
Do you know what size the rivet at the base of the neck is that you need to drill out?
Thanks!!
LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

Hi alecxs, the main Version from Emile ist runni[…]

No they's no gps in the big , removable battery yo[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]