An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By James007
dustydog256 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:26 pm
Es4 are floating around Nashvillle

I wonder if their firmware is different than Burns and will allow faster speeds or flashing
The controller is different. Has an extra blue wire. Have no idea what the blue wire is for. The cable from the controller to the dashboard has this extra blue wire. So its 5 cables, not 4.
By dustydog256
James007 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:39 pm
dustydog256 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:26 pm
Es4 are floating around Nashvillle

I wonder if their firmware is different than Burns and will allow faster speeds or flashing
The controller is different. Has an extra blue wire. Have no idea what the blue wire is for. The cable from the controller to the dashboard has this extra blue wire. So its 5 cables, not 4.
You are correct, and ill tell you this, dont plug a straight 4 wire into the five wire or you will fry your dashboard... take it from experience. Now what I will tell you is I think this is alot like the LYFT dashboards on the m365s where it has something to do with the battery voltage, I dont feel like tearing it down to compare tonight, but I would like to find the answer, these also do not have the lights below the deck.
By James007
dustydog256 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:53 pm
So did it run faster? What did you do with the blue wire?
Nothing. I could only get it to run with a birdie dash & controller. Looks like their firmware doesn't care about serials. I can mix and match motors, controllers and batteries. But can not add the external battery, nor do firmware upgrades or change speed modes.
By Dpham
Any idea how to connect a dashboard to the lyft es4? The lyft es4 mother board has a 5 pin higf o connector and when i plugged in my 4 pin dashboard it fried it
By James007
Dpham wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:20 pm
Any idea how to connect a dashboard to the lyft es4? The lyft es4 mother board has a 5 pin higf o connector and when i plugged in my 4 pin dashboard it fried it
You didn't read the warning in this thread? You need to change the control board, as lyft control board puts out to much juice to drive the lyft brain. You could possible install an inline resistor or something if you want to experiment.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]