An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
foobarbaz wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:32 pm
Tester wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:31 pm
Mind Train wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:14 pm

Does anybody have some updates of this?
I tried to connect UART to debug but its .... i don't know
I'm able to connect only GND and Tx to read status but not Rx
If i have connected GND and Tx i can see full boot sequence of device but i can't get access to send commands to it if i connect Rx boot sequence stops at start of POST
does anyone know how to connect device to communicate with ?
Or how are you connect USB data + - to PC , this is ttyUSB or what ?

if you want to see boot log please visit this site https://blog.adlg.cz/1995/02/4033/ pswd> scootertalk
I’ve been on holiday so haven’t had a chance to update, but I’m back tomorrow. I’ll PM you a full set of instructions on how to gain shell access (please don’t circulate/post the instructions as it will be a pretty easy fix to block this remotely and ruin it for all of us). What sort computer do you use? I wrote the instructions for Mac/Darwin but they are pretty similar for any UNIX/Linux system.
My plan this week is to probe the physical outputs on the system from inside the Android OS to find the ‘ignition switch’. If that won’t work then I’ll use a built in network monitor to see what information is sent from Lime’s servers to the device to unlock it and trace that info through the application stack to work out how to unlock it without a external server.
Was there any more info in your boot logs? What you linked to appeared to stop at “Starting pdc daemon: done”.
Do you have a copy of your logs from when you move the device or even better a copy of the logs when you unlock the scooter officially using the lime app? So far I haven’t been able to get anything out of mine for either of those events, but I feel there should be something shown - and that it would be very useful.
If anyone else needs instructions post in the comments below and I’ll PM you.
Could you PM me/reply to me? I have a couple of questions and I might be able to help. Thanks!

Also, to anyone else:
If you need help with the Android side/reverse engineering/dumping the flash, please PM me.

Can I get the instruction PM also? Looking to reverse engineer these controllers.
Tester wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:31 pm
Mind Train wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:14 pm
Tester wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:28 am

Have now confirmed that the GPS/GSM module runs on Android and is accessible using USB - still haven’t got anything useful out of the serial connection other than confirmation that there is a functional serial interface that is active at system startup and occasionally spits out strings of text when you query it.

For those who want a head start identifying it, the SLM750 that controls the GPS/GSM module, and is ultimately responsible for connecting to lime’s servers and unlocking the scooter, responds to interrogation via USB with the following:
idVendor=05c6
idProduct=f601
Product=Android
Manufacturer=Android

I’ll have a look at accessing its settings with Android Studio etc over the next days, but if anyone else wants to pick up this avenue and post back here I would be open to any pointers as my knowledge of Android is minimal.
Does anybody have some updates of this?
I tried to connect UART to debug but its .... i don't know
I'm able to connect only GND and Tx to read status but not Rx
If i have connected GND and Tx i can see full boot sequence of device but i can't get access to send commands to it if i connect Rx boot sequence stops at start of POST
does anyone know how to connect device to communicate with ?
Or how are you connect USB data + - to PC , this is ttyUSB or what ?

if you want to see boot log please visit this site https://blog.adlg.cz/1995/02/4033/ pswd> scootertalk
I’ve been on holiday so haven’t had a chance to update, but I’m back tomorrow. I’ll PM you a full set of instructions on how to gain shell access (please don’t circulate/post the instructions as it will be a pretty easy fix to block this remotely and ruin it for all of us). What sort computer do you use? I wrote the instructions for Mac/Darwin but they are pretty similar for any UNIX/Linux system.
My plan this week is to probe the physical outputs on the system from inside the Android OS to find the ‘ignition switch’. If that won’t work then I’ll use a built in network monitor to see what information is sent from Lime’s servers to the device to unlock it and trace that info through the application stack to work out how to unlock it without a external server.
Was there any more info in your boot logs? What you linked to appeared to stop at “Starting pdc daemon: done”.
Do you have a copy of your logs from when you move the device or even better a copy of the logs when you unlock the scooter officially using the lime app? So far I haven’t been able to get anything out of mine for either of those events, but I feel there should be something shown - and that it would be very useful.
If anyone else needs instructions post in the comments below and I’ll PM you.
Hi Tester, how are your findings? Can you PM with instructions on how to get shell access? And any info on the communications protocol?

Thanks
Paul SAVOYE wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:25 am
Do you know how can i charge this battery ?
It's lithium ion battery but there is no pins to balance cells.
I have a imax b6 charger to do it.
Thank's.
why not buy a charger for it? xiaomi and ninebot chargers are the same. 42V 2A. i paid around 10€ for one.
here is the charger: https://goo.gl/cuCLQj
Hello my name is Sean and I am a beginner Enthusiast. I would love love love to know how to do the personal scooter conversion process. I have tried many times but failed. You must be some kind of Genius. I would greatly appreciate any help you can provide thank you

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]