An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Fly with the flock
By ScooterJustice
I've been following these threads with great interest, but waited until I had accumulated what I believe is evidence before registering to post.

The thread about the Bird scooters in Nashville TN really piqued my interest, about all the missing Bird scooters there, and elsewhere. After I read Clayton's post, I got to thinking that Bird might start deleting long lost scooters from the database in an effort to deceive existing and future investors in the hopes of reducing the appearance of losses. Lets face it, they have a pretty poor reputation, and were even booted out of their own hometown, and contracts handed to competitors. I think that's pretty funny.

After reading the posts last night, I stayed up and started taking time stamped screenshots and details of regions with scooters missing over a certain amount of time. Low and behold this morning there were very few, and then more recently some of the missing ones showed back up, but only a small part of last nights "missing fleet". I wonder if they removed too many, then were told to add some back so it looks more believable. I guess only they know for sure, but it sure smells fishy to me.

I've also started collecting statements from Bird execs and representatives where the stories don't jive. Now to find a suitable venue to send or post all this stuff, not here though.....

You may be wondering what's my motivation? I used to do quite a bit of investing, and have gotten burnt several times by companies who knowingly deceived me. Their conduct either failed to rise to the level of criminal, or not enough compelling evidence was available to present to prosecutors/SEC.

I don't know if Bird is acting unethically or breaking the law, that's for others to decide, but it doesn't sit well with ME. I'm also checking on the other scooter companies, but I'm much further along with Bird, and decided to start with them since they appear to have the worst reputation among dockless scooter startups.

Bird, you appear to check Scootertalk frequently, so I'm sure you will read this. I suggest you start conducting your business with more integrity, treat your mechanics and chargers as humans worthy of respect (not just service bots that can be disposed of and replaced on a whim), and don't try to deceive investors that are putting their money in your hands. Dishonesty may lead to more profits, but I assure you those Birds will come home to roost.

I'm not claiming you are doing anything wrong, but there is a lot of things that seem suspicious to me, and as I've said, I'll let other decide once the cat is out of the bag.

Warmest Regards,

SJ
By ScooterJustice
Just wanted to add a security tip for my fellow scooter enthusiasts. If you want to maintain your privacy, it would be a good idea to remove serial numbered stickers from the scooter before taking pictures of them, and pictures you upload (of anything) contain EXIF data within the image file. Windows can easily remove this identifiable information with a couple clicks. More info can be found on the interweb, and you may also want to learn how your IP address can trace back to you. If big business wants to, they can make your life heck.

SJ
By Hoes Inc
Yes they are, I knew something was up a year ago, and at this point the data I have would irreparably harm their valuation, credibility, and more. So much fraud (by them), incompetence on all fronts, e.g. tech (worst CTO ever, scumbag CEO doing Fyre Festival type sh*t on a $2bn scale), and more.

I don't want to die in a scooter-by shooting though, and can't think of any ways to financially benefit, so I'm not saying anything more.
By clayton
Howdy!

Just fyi, I checked the missing scooters in Nashville a couple minutes ago, they currently have 139 scooters that have been missing between 10 and 90 days. Two days ago, they had 238 missing. So glad they instantly found 99 of their missing scooters. :lol: There's probably a joke in there somewhere about not counting your birds before they're hatched, but I'm drawing a blank...….. Anyone??

How many scooters will be missing tonight? I'm also monitoring other cities, for similar shenanigans. I hope some of you fellow scooter enthusiasts will start taking screenshots of scootermap in your area. Could come in useful in the future, if not entertaining. Wish there was a way I could track scooters by type, like the Bird Zero's.

Happy Scootering,

Clayton
A Bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.
By Ben J
Sadly most of those stolen will end up in the skip after some dumbass wannabe hacker gives up on converting it and goes back to squeezing their spots for entertainment.
By humanbeing21
clayton wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:05 am
This morning there are 14 missing scooters in Coral Gables FL. 3 days ago there were 87. Deception is afoot!

Clayton
Are you able to document this with screen shots and post to the forum? It would be pretty powerful to have documented examples of this happening from different users.
By SicilianBoy
Use your logic. Ok?

Do you really think that they use a map interface to show how many scooters they lost, when they are doing rounds of funding? Can you imagine that interaction in your head?

“-So yeah, it’s a booming business and our losses to vandalism and theft are onky about %9
-Oh, only 9? Can you show me?
-Yeah! Let’s open this map... so here we see 347 missing scooters, here we see 128, in this area we see 99 missing scooters.. hold up let me pull up my calculator...”
By Hherbson
SicilianBoy wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:46 pm
Use your logic. Ok?

Do you really think that they use a map interface to show how many scooters they lost, when they are doing rounds of funding? Can you imagine that interaction in your head?

“-So yeah, it’s a booming business and our losses to vandalism and theft are onky about %9
-Oh, only 9? Can you show me?
-Yeah! Let’s open this map... so here we see 347 missing scooters, here we see 128, in this area we see 99 missing scooters.. hold up let me pull up my calculator...”
I think they left them on the map hoping for recovery, then after it was pointed out here you could get an idea of the missing scooters by using filters on the map, Bird quickly started removing lots of them from the database. Do you think Bird makes the Zero and zero mistakes? I think they just make the Zero scooter. They removed a lot of missing scooters from the DB after this thread posted. You don't think the timing indicates anything?

New story about them spending 20k to get them out of impound. I think this forum also had a lot to do with that, due to all the talk about how Bird just abandones scooters after they get impounded. Maybe they did it to save money, maybe they did it to make the city happy, maybe they did it to boost investor opinion.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]