An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Enjoy the juice
By Jnsystems
Jevako030 wrote: You can also just take a sine wave controller, does that KT controller work well and does it drive without stuttering? I just wanted to know if it was possible to build hall sensors yourself.
Yes, The one from Ali express (48V 500W 40mm height), works well, if you are new to the scoot repairs, this specific display (add on purchase) can help you determine (narrow) down the fault (in my case it's throttle error (which is fixed) as shown on the display). It does work without shuttering from my best knowledge, sometime it does rattles but it's rare but give it a quick kick and it works and even sound just like the ones on the street. You can build hall sensors yourself from the other guides listed on the article but it may not be worth the hassle, no reason to rebuild the hall sensor if the wheel may need to be replaced with another wheel, or something else need replacement. So far the Lim S Gen4 seated works well, the mini 36v battery can get me places, but not very far. 2 of them plus a charger is needed for long distances.
By Jevako030
Jnsystems wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 2:58 am
Jevako030 wrote: You can also just take a sine wave controller, does that KT controller work well and does it drive without stuttering? I just wanted to know if it was possible to build hall sensors yourself.
Yes, The one from Ali express (48V 500W 40mm height), works well, if you are new to the scoot repairs, this specific display (add on purchase) can help you determine (narrow) down the fault (in my case it's throttle error (which is fixed) as shown on the display). It does work without shuttering from my best knowledge, sometime it does rattles but it's rare but give it a quick kick and it works and even sound just like the ones on the street. You can build hall sensors yourself from the other guides listed on the article but it may not be worth the hassle, no reason to rebuild the hall sensor if the wheel may need to be replaced with another wheel, or something else need replacement. So far the Lim S Gen4 seated works well, the mini 36v battery can get me places, but not very far. 2 of them plus a charger is needed for long distances.
I have placed those articles about placing Hall sensors myself, I now use a 52 volt battery myself and go almost 50 km per hour, does that KT controller fit in it or do you have to grind it?
By Zalcry
Jevako030 wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:29 pm
That new big battery, I think it's a 14s, everything points to this.
When I start counting, do I always end up with blocks of 12 and not 14? Who knows more about this?
They're 3x13 in a V pattern in mine. 46.8V 16.75Ah
By Jevako030
Zalcry wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 3:15 am
Jevako030 wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:29 pm
That new big battery, I think it's a 14s, everything points to this.
When I start counting, do I always end up with blocks of 12 and not 14? Who knows more about this?
They're 3x13 in a V pattern in mine. 46.8V 16.75Ah
No, now I know it
a 14S, 52 volt Battery. I have already replaced the BMS 14S and it works perfectly.
By Smookeyes
dieu2626 wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:42 am
Philipe Af wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:35 pm
dieu2626 wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:48 am

oui exactement j'ai essayer avec 2 controlleur diferent tj la meme panne la roue broute je viens de commander un boitier pour tester les phase et capteur hall pour voir si defois un probleme se pose la dessus mais j'ai des doutes car la trot et toutes neuve pratiquement
Oui c’est possible car j’ai récupéré une que était endommagé et j’avais le même problème. De toute façon, pour l’instant pas possible de utiliser le contrôleur d’origine ( comme dans l’ancien modèle lime gen3) et le matériel de chez lime est trop fragile. J’ai une trottinette de chez Uber faite avec plusieurs trottinettes cassées qu’on trouvait partout pendant le premier confinement et jamais eu un seul soucis. J’ai préparé 2/3 lime que des collègues m’ont ramené a là même époque et que des problèmes de châssis, de route ou même d’assemblage. A ce jour la Lime 3 c’est la plus aboutie et très simple a faire rouler sans rien remplacer. La lime 4 c’est compliqué du a son système CAN bus donc pour la faire rouler il faut tout changer. Même la batterie il faut la shunter sinon elle se met en sécurité. J’attends le nouveau logiciel et peut-être que après on pourra faire pareil comme la lime 3. Pour l’instant ce n’est pas viable de prendre une et tout changer. Limite je préfère une Dot ou Bird que c’est plus facile. Cdt
Salut dieu2626. Est ce que tu pense pouvoir m'aider ? Je suis français aussi, j'aurais besoin du maître padawan pour faire une trott à ma fille. hésite pas à me contacter ce serait cool.
By Alexsfi
mayaku wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:09 pm
Unless someone finds out the commands to open the lock I am afraid the only way is to use a saw...

and the BMS:
hi, did you manage to figure out how this lock works?
By Jnsystems
Jevako030 wrote: I have placed those articles about placing Hall sensors myself, I now use a 52 volt battery myself and go almost 50 km per hour, does that KT controller fit in it or do you have to grind it?
Cool, I will eventually switch to the more valuable 52 volt battery myself, As I am using 2 of the 36v battery but it won't be great for long distance travel. The KT Controller does fit, using a hammer as it is exactly 40mm but grinding is used to remove the edges that is popping out (the edge is normally used to mount the controller using the screws). Also the Grinder is used on the frame to allow easy battery swap.
By Jevako030
Jnsystems wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:35 pm
Jevako030 wrote: I have placed those articles about placing Hall sensors myself, I now use a 52 volt battery myself and go almost 50 km per hour, does that KT controller fit in it or do you have to grind it?
Cool, I will eventually switch to the more valuable 52 volt battery myself, As I am using 2 of the 36v battery but it won't be great for long distance travel. The KT Controller does fit, using a hammer as it is exactly 40mm but grinding is used to remove the edges that is popping out (the edge is normally used to mount the controller using the screws). Also the Grinder is used on the frame to allow easy battery swap.
I take out my battery with a switch on 5 volts that controls the electric lock.
By Jevako030
Alexsfi wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 11:59 am
mayaku wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:09 pm
Unless someone finds out the commands to open the lock I am afraid the only way is to use a saw...

and the BMS:
hi, did you manage to figure out how this lock works?
You have to connect the red and black ones internally to the motor with 5 volts then it opens, twist the cables and it closes. bypass cambus
By dijkie
Ok, finaly found time to mount the Hall Sensor inside the motor.
Steps :
find Black/Red from controller to supply the 5V
find suitable new cable to motor, at lease 8 wires, i found a 9 wire one.
disassemble motor, take off lid, then with 2 hands firmly press down, then inside pops out.
cut off old cable next to shaft and pull old out, remove the glue that held it.
mount Hall sensor, my motor had pre defined holes.
hot glued Hall PCB to motor windings, but since i don't trust the glue ( motor might get hot, then glue gets soft and loosens ) i tied the sensors with little clothing wires also.
then solder the wires for + and - and also the a-b-c Hall chanels
Solder the phase wires and secure all stuff with shrink wrap and hot glue.
assemble the stuff and off you go.
( inside the windings you find Black/White wires, these go to a temp sensor, i removed it.)
the whining noise is completely gone, speed increased a little bit to almost 40 kph

see pics :

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]