An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Fly with the flock
By Mr.GooGoo
07Gevish wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:43 am
Make sure you acquire your scooters the legal way. If you did and for some reason it's still gives shows on map while it's on, take the white box cover off, then the black one under it... remove the Sim card, to be safe you can remove the gps and it's antenna from the circuit board as long as the board doesn't get disconnected from scooter. After which assemble back up and enjoy the ride...oh and don't let it run out and battery...ever..
Which is the gps and antenna?
By 07Gevish
Mr.GooGoo wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:51 am
07Gevish wrote:
Make sure you acquire your scooters the legal way. If you did and for some reason it's still gives shows on map while it's on, take the white box cover off, then the black one under it... remove the Sim card, to be safe you can remove the gps and it's antenna from the circuit board as long as the board doesn't get disconnected from scooter. After which assemble back up and enjoy the ride...oh and don't let it run out and battery...ever..
Which is the gps and antenna?
Ok on top of the circuit board you see black plastic rectangle that's the gps antenna, the GPS unit itself is square in shape with rounded corners tannish in color.
By 1215941571
07Gevish wrote:
Yeah i've had multiple chargers chase me down while i was riding it, thinking it was a bird available for charging. That and the light flashes as they alarm it while i'm riding, which can be kinda dangerous. Do you reckon there could be any failsafe to lock the scooter up automatically if the sim card or gps is removed? I want to give it a shot but if it gets the scooter out of its "glitched" state, it'll be useless to me.
By 1215941571
Mr.GooGoo wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:49 am
I just realized after reading your thread I'm in Bird's grey-out geofenced area. There's Limes and Razors here but Bird decided to geofence for some reason. What happens when you hit a geofence area, the motor doesn't on? Dash still functions?
When you enter a geofence area, the motors max speed decreases over the course of like 5-10 seconds, until it hits 0 which makes the throttle not function. You can still kick the scooter manually and the mph still updates, but you can't power the motor. When the bird zero is in the geofenced area, you can only start up the motor only if the scooter isn't moving at all (normally you have to be moving to start it). It spins at like 7mph if you lift it up off the ground, however all power is cut from the motor once you start moving. Its a really weird functionality.

Also it seems that if you're already moving max speed (18-20MPH) and enter a geofence zone without releasing any throttle, you can keep moving at the max speed until you release. The minute you slow down for whatever reason, the scooter will start decelerating until it stops completely. There has been a few times i've abused this and flown through geofence zones at max speed just to keep the scooter active. It's kinda a douche thing to do but way better than having to manually kick the 40lb scooter through it.
By rmnhsd
That is one of the first generation boards, using the particle electron microcontroller. They long ago switched to a proprietary board. But yeah, you can still pull the sim. The board pictured actually had a connector from the gps chip to the gps antenna, but the later boards do not, it is wired inside the pcb
BIRD ZERO ELECTISAN F350

Hey people, I'm having problems with my Bird Zero […]

I can't seem to find any info anywhere online […]

LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

For the battery indicator, it worked before. The[…]

How much could you pull max?