An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Fly with the flock
By clayton
Yes, in scrapyards and used in peoples projects. They have a higher scrap value since they have bigger batteries and much more aluminum. The scrapyards pay a much higher bounty than Bird...…..

Clayton
By dustydog256
clayton wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:58 pm
Yes, in scrapyards and used in peoples projects. They have a higher scrap value since they have bigger batteries and much more aluminum. The scrapyards pay a much higher bounty than Bird...…..

Clayton
so they exist...after riding around today I didnt see any but did see the new es4 on Lyft platform
By clayton
Did you see many Birds in general? Seems a lot of chargers aren't bothering with them at $3 a scoot, and the charger map is lit up like a Christmas tree even during the day. A lot of them are ghosts, reporting the last known location, but last GPS contact several months old, with a silly $3 bounty, except for some that have been missing for 6 months, and those are never coming back.

I'd love to know how many scooters Bird has bought so far. They cost Bird an average of $550 dollars each, so even 10,000 scooters would cost them 5.5 million just to purchase the hardware. Seems like chump change with a 2 billion dollar valuation, and yet they desperately need more investor money. Cities are starting to play hardball, and are charging fees for licenses, per scooter fees, liability payments, and fees for each nest. All you have to do is kick them out of your city, then negotiate a good contract. They have no choice if they want to participate in that area, and since they keep bragging about growing market share, they'll pay a fools price to participate, unless they want to brag about expanding into 1 stoplight towns. Their greed is their weakness.

Anyone have a guess on how many scooters Bird has?

Best wishes,

Curious Clayton
By Ben J
I read that 550$ figure also. But not convinced its quite that high.
Obviously they get a considerable volume discount buying them.
But then again, administrative and transport costs just putting a scooter on a sidewalk near you adds up fast... Who knows ?
None the less, its millions in dollars inventory that shrinks rapidly.
It seems Bird is on a mission to force its way to buy a big market share no matter the initial cost. Just does not seem sustainable.
By clayton
I was just browsing scootermap. It looks like there's exactly 900 missing scooters west of LA in the past 90 days , and 560 available to ride. Doesn't sound like a good ratio.
By dustydog256
clayton wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:49 pm
Did you see many Birds in general? Seems a lot of chargers aren't bothering with them at $3 a scoot, and the charger map is lit up like a Christmas tree even during the day. A lot of them are ghosts, reporting the last known location, but last GPS contact several months old, with a silly $3 bounty, except for some that have been missing for 6 months, and those are never coming back.

I'd love to know how many scooters Bird has bought so far. They cost Bird an average of $550 dollars each, so even 10,000 scooters would cost them 5.5 million just to purchase the hardware. Seems like chump change with a 2 billion dollar valuation, and yet they desperately need more investor money. Cities are starting to play hardball, and are charging fees for licenses, per scooter fees, liability payments, and fees for each nest. All you have to do is kick them out of your city, then negotiate a good contract. They have no choice if they want to participate in that area, and since they keep bragging about growing market share, they'll pay a fools price to participate, unless they want to brag about expanding into 1 stoplight towns. Their greed is their weakness.

Anyone have a guess on how many scooters Bird has?

Best wishes,

Curious Clayton
I do use scooter map I have noticed a lot more lime and lyft scooters than bird, most birds are es4 and located near the river and vandy. Lime are all over east Nashville and Germantown as well as lyft filling in the gaps. I did see a lot of the new es4s from jump and some other company where the brain is on the front post and it has a built in dashboard

But yes to answer your question little to no birds anymore
LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

Hi alecxs, the main Version from Emile ist runni[…]

No they's no gps in the big , removable battery yo[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]