An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By Benni069
Jimmyyahoo wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:13 am
Flash BMS with Stlink, it's an STM8. Use STVP, download the .hex firmware from GitHub in the scooterhacking repo. Pinout should be standard, starting from square pad, 3.3vcc, swim, GND, and reset. PRACTICE YOUR SOLDERING SKILLS. Use good solder and a good iron with a clean tip. It can be done,.I just knocked out two of em (snsc2.3 conversions). It's not perfect, there are kinks to work out, but you can and will get a rideable scooter if you are halfway intelligent, can parse the info that's here, or ask informed questions. I will help anyone who is actively trying, not just looking for soft food I had to chew.

Can you add more detail to : „starting from square pad“
Either its too late at night or I’m just blind.
By von9ner
Aquaman wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:16 am
@thisisstan85

This is were I'm at now, any advice on how to go forward to end up with the same result as you have?
Much appreciated!

Regards
Aquaman
where do you get the dash? I heard a max g30 dash will work but i do not know the wiring. please help
By von9ner
mrracerhacker wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:25 pm
Risitas98 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:27 pm
Aquaman wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:49 pm
I have flashed BLE/DASH to 1.1.0_FULL

Could connect without IOT-BOX but it didn't recognize anything.
When connecting with IOT-box in parallel, it didn't recognize the model but told me:
DRV 3.3.7
BMS 3.5.6

Where did you connect TTL-serial, did you hook it up in parallel with IOT-BOX?
In what order do you flash, DRV(ESC) and BMS?
I just get connection timed out if I try to flash any of the DRV(ESC) fw, And write length out of range if I try to flash the BMS :(

Any tips, Please?
There is a special key to unlock uart flashing on snsc 2.3
Idk how to find it but without that you can use it only with an arduino that emulate the gps board on the rental firmware.
lol no special key for flashing the snsc 2,3 flash the battery through iap, then do the esc with st link then do the dash or change it and drive away, just read up more and stop spreading false informaton
How do you flash the battery through IAP? Does a G30 dash work with a snsc 2.3? if so, how do i wire it up?
By Benni069
Dennnisffm wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:24 am
PlandyPedals wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:23 am
Mister Flo wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:23 pm
Right that would be one of the three things that has to happen to turn this model into a personal one.
Perfect! i have the Dash flashed already ... still working on how to connect extract the BMS from the caseing and which file to use for the BMS.
I flashed my bms with bms134_fulldump and till now it's working
Did you flash standalone or with esc connected? Unfortunately i couldn’t establish a connection. I tried with stvp and st link (right to left: 3,3VCC, SWIM, GND, RST) nooooope. I wonder if there is a lock capacitor or something on the STM.
For UART i used the battery connector and tried with Ninebot IAP….nooooooope.
By fra098
Aquaman wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:21 pm
Details please, which method and in which order did you flash?

Was it by st-link route?
Or
Ninebot IAP?

If you don't want to say in public please send me a pm to get me going here?

Got the hatch open eventually (without drill), after mutch effort thanks to your pic of the lock.

Now I'm charging up the totally empty battery and want to flash this bad boy :D

Do I start with flashing ESC, Dashboard/BLE or BMS? Have read that you should preferably start with BLE/dashboard on rentals?
Hi,
did you find the answers to your questions?
I'm basically stuck here as well, trying to flash the BMS first through UART connection on the IoT box juliette plug.
My problem is the count on the Ninebot IAP app is not going up, seems like no communication is established. tried to record the tx and rx pins with a scope but cannot read anything.
any suggestion? what steps did you take ?
Thanks
By maxpower
Rogoberto wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:44 am
tone_loc88 wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:54 pm
anyone know what the pinnout is on the BMS for flashing onto snsc 2.3?
Hello

And who have the FW for this BMS?

THX!!
these bms boards do not need flashing!! either use the thick black minus from side of battery or make a link from b- to p- and the 4 pin plug use the yellow and white wires to connect to esc (g30 max) so you dont get error 21 i assume the red and black are used to tell the esc it is charging
make it power on when pugged in and show the percent withoout them it still charges just doesnt show
in my case i am using one of these battery in the g30 model and its a big improvement speed and range if you want to use it in a max plus then the data connection wires should stay the same
By CDogg
maxpower wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:06 pm
Rogoberto wrote:
tone_loc88 wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:54 pm
anyone know what the pinnout is on the BMS for flashing onto snsc 2.3?
Hello

THX!!
these bms boards do not need flashing!! either use the thick black minus from side of battery or make a link from b- to p- and the 4 pin plug use the yellow and white wires to connect to esc (g30 max) so you dont get error 21 i assume the red and black are used to tell the esc it is charging
make it power on when pugged in and show the percent withoout them it still charges just doesnt show
in my case i am using one of these battery in the g30 model and its a big improvement speed and range if you want to use it in a max plus then the data connection wires should stay the same
Where is your scooter or battery from where you don't need to flash it? The Spin 2.3 Max has a fw on the battery that shuts off when it detects a load from the motor. So flashing stock fw on this battery is required in order to use it. Additionally, it should be noted that if you don't have the flashing skills to reset this bms or over-write the copy protection on there, You can buy an actual blank G30 BMS from AliExpress for $30 and swap it over to the rental battery. You should be able to update that new bms using xiaoflasher or SH Utilty.
By maxpower
CDogg wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:30 am
maxpower wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:06 pm
Rogoberto wrote:

Hello

THX!!
Where is your scooter or battery from where you don't need to flash it? The Spin 2.3 Max has a fw on the battery that shuts off when it detects a load from the motor. So flashing stock fw on this battery is required in order to use it. Additionally, it should be noted that if you don't have the flashing skills to reset this bms or over-write the copy protection on there, You can buy an actual blank G30 BMS from AliExpress for $30 and swap it over to the rental battery. You should be able to update that new bms using xiaoflasher or SH Utilty.
i think using the bms bypass method on the earth connection solves the cut off problem. the batterys
are old voi type 27.9ah not 15.5ah and they show 15 banks not 10 like the normal g30 batterys so using g30 bms boards doesnt seem possible dont work correctly gives false percentage on display
ive posted on here before asking if anyone can edit the capacity on the normal g30 bms but
nobody repled to me so i followed up my own post by saying the orig boards can be used

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few i[…]

Hej Guys got my hands on this double battery pac[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was ev[…]

This last transistor needs to be soldered. https:[…]